Decisions, decisions...

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
savage12fv

Post by savage12fv »

Low Pro

Happy to here everything is going good on your new rifle. I hope it shoots good for you CZ makes a fine rifle Im sure you will be very pleased.
The future starts with you.
Take a kid Hunting&Fishing.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

Rick, I think you're gonna be a happy feller with that one, they seem to shoot well enough to satisfy anyone but a benchrester, are pretty smooth in the bore (clean easily) and light but not TOO light, for most uses. The day I bought mine, a buddy picked up a walnut Varminter, and his wife liked it so much, he had to buy another for himself, since she adopted it. She went 15 for 16 PDs on it's first outing, she laid claim pretty fast after that. It should be a good matchup, the Nikon and the CZ. Congrats again!
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
ridgerunnr

sell

Post by ridgerunnr »

i fyou rgoing ot use the encore for p dpgs ..get rid of it. PITA to break open after every shot. I sold mine abd bought a Savage model 12 VLP in 204 and LOVE it..so much I built another on a savage tactical action . That being said..I WISH i had bought a CZ in 204..they shoot good and the action is alot smoother. IMO
Varmonter

Post by Varmonter »

man i have heard nothing but good about cz. I am sure you will be happy
as a clam with it.
I went through the same angst over which rifle to buy in 204.
I ended up with a kimber 84m varmint. A bit more money but an absolute
tack driver and easy on the eyes too.
Guy M

Post by Guy M »

Great thread guys. Thanks for all the info here. Am new to the forum, and trying to decide which .204 to buy...

Regards, Guy
LowPro
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS - CZ 527 Varmint Kevlar - Remington R-15

Post by LowPro »

I've been so busy 'round here for the past week, I still haven't had a chance to mount the scope. I received the rings last Thursday, but I was too busy preparing for an out-of-town pheasant hunt this past weekend, to get them installed. I had to leave on Friday morning, and I didn't want to rush the mounting job, or have to leave in the middle of the installation.

I'm getting there, guys...just not very quickly. :?
LowPro
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS - CZ 527 Varmint Kevlar - Remington R-15

Post by LowPro »

savage12fv wrote:LowPro,, go savage all the way.

What ever you decide to get you will enjoy shooting this little 20cal.

This is the most fun rifle I have ever shot in my life. The 17hmr runs a close 2nd.
I met you half-way...sorta.

While I was at my dealers picking up the CZ 527 Varmint, he just HAD to show me a Savage 93R17BTV .17HMR (with the Accu-Trigger) that he had in stock. I had told him earlier that if he ever got a chance, shoot me a price. Well, he just waited for me to come in, 'cause he knows the magic words are "I just happen to have one in stock". He knows me TOO well... :lol:

Yep ~ it went home with me too... 8)
RedRooster

204 rifle type?

Post by RedRooster »

I purchased a savage in 204 and then did my usual thing of completely refinishing stock, installing recoil pad and installing sling studs. Great rifle, unbelievable accuracy. If your into NOT doing a lot of gunsmithing, the Marlin 204 has all the same features except the accu trigger but costs a little more.
Protect our hunting rights