Tell us about yourself...

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

sniper2o4

Welcome to the 204um. Lots of nice people here.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
savage12fv

Post by savage12fv »

204 sniper

Welcome to the 204um keep up the hard work. And be carful if you are runing the saw cutting that wood.
The future starts with you.
Take a kid Hunting&Fishing.
sniper2o4

Post by sniper2o4 »

yea savage, ill be careful, i always am. love how yall call it the "204um". im gettin 80 rounds this weekend (factory ammo, i dont reload.... yet, maybe in 2 more years :? ) 2 boxes 32 gr rem., 1 box 39 sierras, and 1 box win. 34's and after i find which my rifle likes best ill be reportin some groups then line it in with em at 300 yds. also, im gonna try the barrel deresonator for the 1st time since i got it last week and let you guys know how the rifle does with and without it. ok talk to yall later.
sniper2o4

Remington model 700 ADL .204 w/ Leupold 2-7x33 Vari-X I

Marlin model 25mn .22 mag w/ 2.5x32 Bushnell sharpshooter
Earl Three Beavers
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527

Post by Earl Three Beavers »

sniper204, once you get that rifle dialed in with an ammo it likes, try some shots without the barrel deresonnator and let us know what difference there might be.

I toyed with getting one of those for my H&R Ultra Rifle .25-06 before I finally worked up a good handload. The principle makes sense, just wondering what the real effect would be. Thanks, and have fun with your 204. :)
Lord, help me to be the man my dog thinks I am.
Guy M

Post by Guy M »

Howdy All. Young Sniper2o4 makes me feel real old, and also proud that there are young men who work hard. I'm a 50 year old former Marine, who likes to shoot, hunt, fish and roam the great outdoors, by foot, bicycle or canoe.

A Washington mulie, taken 2005, with my .25-06 Rem 700.

My two sons and I all shoot, and my wife patiently puts up with us and our gun hobby. The little CZ .204 is my first true varmint rifle, but I've plenty of experience with accurate match rifles. Do a little deer hunting, elk, and bear from time to time as well. Coyotes, rockchucks and sage rats as available.

Suspect I'll be making more time for sage rats now that I've got a .204 that needs work. :D

Regards, Guy
WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

Guy M, Welcome. Nice deer.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Welcome to the Forum Guy & sniper!! Just holler if you need anything.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Welcome aboard Guy. There's plenty of oldsters here on the 204um, you've got lots of sage rat bustin' company here.

Nice WA mulie you've got there too.....you're going to fit in just dandy here, Marine. Yell if you need anything! Now about warmng up that 204........ ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

tmfisher57
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa 1500 .204 Leoupold VX-2 6x18x40 AO

Post by tmfisher57 »

Howdy, names Terry Fisher 33 years old. From Pendleton, Oregon. This site helped me decide on my varmint rifle " Howa 1500 .204 with a VX-ll 6-18x40". Sure puts the hurt on coyotes out here in the wheat! Have shot and hunted since I could hold a gun, and plan to till I can't. Started reloading a year ago & now wish I'd started a long time ago, just gets better. Thanks for the great site and all the info guys!
tmfisher57
WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

tmfisher57, Welcome tp the forum. Check your PM's.
tmfisher57

Post by tmfisher57 »

Thanks for the welcome there WHISTLEPIG. Looking foward to the new brotherhood
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

tmfisher57: Welcome fellow Oregonian! Good to have you aboard, especially another 204 fan. Lots of good folks here. Let us know if we can ever help out. :wink:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

tmfisher57

Post by tmfisher57 »

Will do, Rick in Oregon. Thanks for the hospitality. Hope to see ya out there!
ennacac

Post by ennacac »

I am a retired teacher and professional photographer that loves to hunt and fish. I first saw the 204 in North Dakota pheasant hunting last fall (I was looking for a 219 Wasp at the time) and finally got a Savage 12FV in November. The Savage shoots extremely well and I worked up a nice load for it that shot very tight groups, but it is HEAVY to carry around.

A 204 forum member offered me a Ruger No1 V Stainless for a good price and I love the No1 and it shoots extremely well. I now am selling my Savage and keeping the Ruger for my varmint shooting, although they have been few and far between around my house this winter.

Here is a three shot target I shot off my back deck at 50 yards with the Ruger, aiming at the top of the grey square not the center.

The hole in the frame at the top is from the Savage that was shooting much higher than I expected it to at 100 yards.

Tom
wadevb1

Post by wadevb1 »

Wade from W. Michigan. Married with a 4yo daughter who enjoys sitting in the woods with me. I employed as a Sheriff Deputy and been assigned to road patrol for the past 13 years. My passion is hunting and shooting. I own a wide variety of rifles with several Sako's in 22PPC and 6PPC.

I kinda tired of contionous reloading and after ten years of shooting wildcats, I bought that .204 LVSF that had issues. Remmington seemed to correct the problem and I have to admit I enjoy buying factory ammo off the shelf for a change.

I monitored this forum for over a year and elected to go with the .204. Varmints in my area consist of crows, fox and coyote. I chase all three hard after the deer tags are filled.

Thanks for all your input....Wade