Tell us about yourself...

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Welcome to the Forum HogPopper!! :wink: Ask anything you want. You'll get good info here for sure.

BTW everybody!! HogPopper makes some darn fine predator & turkey box calls!! Definitely top of the line in every regard!!

Let us know what you get RJ!! :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
HogPopper

Post by HogPopper »

Good point WrzWaldo! Never thought of it that way.

Will do Glen. Leaning toward the CZ Varmint. Never had a CZ, and hear the triggers are to die for.
.204 Sniper

Post by .204 Sniper »

Born and raised in the Bay Area. Moved out here (Nevada) when the 'assault rifle' ban was scaring everyone back in 2000. Moving out here was an eye opener - it's nice to know what REAL America is all about! ;)

I'm 37. I started shooting when I was 5 and have been reloading for the last 15 years.

I'm crazy about varmint hunting.....................it's what I do to get rid of stress as well as getting some excercise at the same time.

As far as profession - I'm a full time Peace Officer. :horse:

Married with 3 kids. Other hobbies include fishing, boating, camping, competitive shooting and my 2nd favorite hobby of all (next to varmints) - DRAG RACING! Even have a car that the wife runs down the track.

Good forum here. Nice to meet everyone! :D
When your attack is going well you are about to be ambushed.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

.204 Sniper

Welcome aboard the 204um. You will be in good company here. Guns and fast cars are our passion. There is nothing that can hijack a thread faster than mentioning muscle cars around here. Then someone else will mention 204s and divert it right back on track. We love it.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
bk63044

Post by bk63044 »

I live in St. Louis, MO. I love to shoot anything that goes bang, but do not get to do it enough. I shoot a lot of handgun, rifle, and shotgun. I also reload for them all. I will have to admit that sometimes reloading and guns does get old sometimes, but that has to do with where I work. I am the assistant manager of Grafs Reloading in St. Charles, MO. I spend almost everyday talking about guns and reloading. I also enjoy woodworking and working of cars.
BrianW

Drag racing

Post by BrianW »

Well you brought up drag racing :roll:
http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCSTORY.ASP?ID=138232 this is my kid. It's our other habit heheheee
.204 Sniper

Post by .204 Sniper »

O.K. - Here's my '98 Cobra against a Pro Charged Cutlass 442...................I don't know if his Pro Charger was broken, or what?? :roll:

My 12 year old daughter did the filming from the passenger seat. This was at a monthly 'Street Drags' competition we have.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1e8a ... 2042f2.htm

This is all motor (330 RWHP).....................future plans include Twin 67mm Turbos for provacative HP #'s on pump gas (like 800+)! Now THAT's gonna be a hoot to keep straight!
When your attack is going well you are about to be ambushed.
BowHuntingFool
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 11 FNS Hunter .204 Ruger

Post by BowHuntingFool »

Hello all! I new to the predator/varmit hunting, great sport! I live in Milwaukee and own Property in Norther Michigan. The Coyotes are off the hook around the area. I called in my first last season and dropped it at 25 yards with my Bow, a beautiful blonde thats at the Taxi as we speak! I'm a Bowhunter at heart but the new Savage .204 has got me in the field 7 times in the past 2 weeks that I have owned the beast! I thinned them out a bit this past weekend, I dropped 2 this past weekend, I really like this gun! I have been reading up on the gun from this site and glad I made the right choice! 8) Anyway thanks for all the great info and hope to post pics soon!

Joe b!
GREENGIANT204

Post by GREENGIANT204 »

Hi every body,im JR from Maple Grove Quebec 15 minute south from Montreal.I hunt duck, deer,geese,but my favorite hunt is the wood chuck.Recently i bought a .204 remington sps varmint,and found this web site after doing some info about this riffle on the web.what a nice place to get some info.

ps sorry for all the mistake when i write,im french but i TRY thanks !
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

Greengiant204, we try to fit everyone in here, this is a pretty nice bunch of people, and we'll accomodate you, even if you ARE French :wink: We can overlook some things,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Welcome to the Forum!
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Nodak7mm
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger VT

Re: Tell us about yourself...

Post by Nodak7mm »

Hey folks,

Name is Rod, born and raised in NW MN & NE Nodak. Just turned 43, happily married with two great daughters and two stupid dogs.

Have been shooting and reloading since mid 70's, serious about rifles and walleyes. Love to shoot PD's & Jackrabbits, deer hunting makes for great sausage (I am more serious about making sausage than deer hunting).

Got my first 204 on lay-a-way, kinda excited.. I am a big 6mm & 7mm fan along with being a diehard Ruger guy.

Oh yeah, grew up on a farm, learned how to fix and drive anything with wheels. Got really full of myself and started fixing airplanes... 20 yrs later, still involved with the dang things....

Rod
I really love Lefse' !!!
Sask Boy

Post by Sask Boy »

Hi Guys, my name is Dan and I am blessed with a beautiful wife and 3 married children and 1 grand daughter. Our pastor advised us that grand children are God's reward for not killing our teenage children and it may be a lot truer than we would like to admit.
I have recently retired as a Senior adjuster and I am now a Pastoral intern at the Regina Apostolic Church.
I love all sports and have a real passion for hunting and golfing.
I am just about to put away the clubs and start upland bird hunting. This is going to be a exciting season as my oldest son has decided not to coach junior hockey and is going to be hunting birds with me and my hunting partner of over 30 years.
My son has a flat coat retriever (8months old) and I have a young female black lab just over 2 so we should have lots of stories after this season. I was drawn for Elk this fall and I am looking forward to that hunt as we hunt with my cousin who has a place in Somme Sask.(near PP Sask) I have a number of hunting rifles and just a started shooting a 270 win after using a 375 H & H for a number of years. I bought a Remington CDL in a 270 and then had the factory clip system installed this rifle is shoot under 1" @ 100yds using 130gr bullet and IMR4350 powder. My pet caliber has been the 270 and I believe if I could only have one rifle (God forbid) I would have a tough time not picking the 270 win especially now that you can shoot 140 Accubonds along with the scores of 130 gr bullets. We bought a stoeger 2000 shot gun a couple of weeks ago for my son and I shoot a Benelli SBE ll both are 12 guage.
I started shooting a Savage model 12 FLV in the 204 this past spring but have not been out as much as I would have liked but hope to use it for the remainder of the summer and this fall.
I have been hunting & reloading since my early teens and I just turned 53, I did take some time off while my oldest boy played in the Western Hockey League so I am now just completing a gun room in my basement, when it is finished I will put some photographs on line.
If anyone want to contact me I tried to answer all my emails.
Keep the Son in your eyes.
Bless You
Dan
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

Sask Boy

Welcome to the 204um. If I just had one rifle I'm afraid it would have to be the .375 H&H magnum. A 270 is a nice rifle but I have a partiality for the big magnums. I also have a fondness for any gun that can stack one bullet on top of the previous such as the 204. The accuracy of the 204 Ruger is just amazing.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Sask Boy

Post by Sask Boy »

Hi Skipper, I agree with you 100% if I could only go with a magnum rifle.
If you reload I have a load using the speers 235 gr that has stopped everything from Antelope to Black Bear and it is just a shade under 3,000fps.
Here in Saskatchewan we have large moose & elk and it does the trick on them as well.
Thanks for responding. If you want to email me privately I think you can get it off my profile.
Keep the Son in your eyes.
Bless You
Dan
sj63042

Post by sj63042 »

Howdy Howdy-my name is steve im happily married with three children and two grandchildren I'm a retired teamster from the automotive industry. Have been hunting,shooting,and reloading for about fifty years but seems as though in the last twenty years or so I've only been shooting and reloading.I guess I just dont really have access to hunting land.Been into clay bird and handgun shooting mainly,but have lately been interested in bench rest rifle shooting.Picked up a .204 in a Savage VLP about four months ago and I'm enjoying it a whole lot at our local bench rest club here in the St.Louis area.I've enjoyed this site for several months now and have learned alot.Thankyou for letting me join this site!!