Trying to fight the urge!!!!

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Re: Trying to fight the urge!!!!

Post by glenn asher »

adam wrote:I think reading these posts I'm glad I'm single, but it has made me laugh out loud on this wet miserable weekend in Wales :lol: :lol:
Quality!!!
P.s bgaston, GO buy the rifle. If we had it that easy in the u.k, I would have had it by now and several other guns!!!!!!

File this stuff away in your mental mailbox, Adam, just like I do, then, if you ever marry, you'll have these ready-made excuses/reasons ready to use and close at hand.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Closets huh?? :lol: When I remodeled our bedroom I figured my Banker Wife would need more space than me. Her's has 5 FEET of bifold doors,, 6'x30" inside & mine has A 3' door. :lol: She has a 2nd closet this size upstairs that is full & she rotates winter & summer clothes between them.

Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
adam

Post by adam »

If I could just find a female who shoes just a little interest in shooting it would be something!!
At least then I would have half a chance of talking her round to the idea that fluffy bunny rabbits damage huge areas of crops and turf up the fields, and need help moving on shall we say!! :lol:
' Your here for a good time, not a long time'
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

hey adam, i am a single guy myself. nothing against women, i think every man should OWN one.
i own and shoot a howa 1500 with heavy barrel and hoge stock. buy the rifle and don't look back. i know mine is a real shooter. if i found another one for less than $400 bucks. i would jump on it in a heartbeat! i paid 530.00 for mine brand new back in july last year.
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
iKonic Status
.204 Ruger Guns: none...yet

Post by iKonic Status »

adam wrote: P.s bgaston, GO buy the rifle. If we had it that easy in the u.k, I would have had it by now and several other guns!!!!!!
I hear you mate :lol: , I would have more guns than Rambo by now if the UK allowed it :lol:

begaston...get the gun :!: I too have a Howa Hogue HB combo, :twisted: , it's a great piece of kit and certainly worth the money and ANY hassle you may get from your lady. :lol: ;)

Don't delay...get the gun today :wink:
Ruger 77/22 .22lr

Savage 12 VLP .223rem

Howa/Hogue 1500 Varmint HB .308win
Rugerdogdog
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS Panther Arms LR-204

Post by Rugerdogdog »

You all are DANG funny. I'm with Glen on this one!!! Buy the rifle so your wife has something to shoot!!!
Adam, if you want to stay single I understand. But there are a lot of great women out there that would go shooting/hunting with you and trying to find that one is half the fun!
A very wise friend once told me, "Hire 10 and Fire 9." It worked for me.
My biggest trouble is that I have to buy my wife a bunch of guns to get her caught up to me...reckon most guys would say, " I'd like to have a problem like that."?
DPMS Panther Arms LR-204 24" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.
crazy2medic
.204 Ruger Guns: custom .204 left hand bolt.

Post by crazy2medic »

That would be cool a wife that goes deer hunting with ya! after all it gets cold in a deer stand!

Ikonic move to Texas, we have very few gun laws at all, the only thing that keeps you from buying guns is your own budget.

My 17yo son has more guns than most grown men! to date he owns a Remington 597 17hmr Ithaca 20ga model 37, a mosberg 100atr in 30.06, a NEF Handi rifle .204, Howa 1500 heavy barrel .204, and he believes the AR-15 is his(it's in his closet) but it's mine until I build a flat top! he wants a .45 pistol but he has to save up for it!
Coyote, Cat, Crow, 204 fodder!
iKonic Status
.204 Ruger Guns: none...yet

Post by iKonic Status »

crazy2medic, thanks for the words of encouragement....you know I might just do that some time in the future!!! :wink:

P.s. I am so very jealous of that Arsenal of Weaponry :wink:...if only, if only.... :pistols: :assault:
Ruger 77/22 .22lr

Savage 12 VLP .223rem

Howa/Hogue 1500 Varmint HB .308win
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

You wouldn't be quite so jealous after a range trip with 3 or 4 of those guns. That's a lot of scrubbing. My son is allergic to cleaning his guns. He thinks that’s dad’s job.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
crazy2medic
.204 Ruger Guns: custom .204 left hand bolt.

Post by crazy2medic »

So far he hasn't been too shy of cleaning guns, After the last trip to the range he called me the next day while I was at the fire station and asked if it was okay if he cleaned my rifles, Well what's a decent father to say but sure son go ahead! ;)
Coyote, Cat, Crow, 204 fodder!
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Rugerdogdog wrote:A very wise friend once told me, "Hire 10 and Fire 9." It worked for me.
Rugerdoggie: Ha! A single buddy here refers to this as "Wife Try-Outs"....date a bunch until you find the "keeper".

This thread is a hoot! :lol:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

YoteSmoker
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varminter

Post by YoteSmoker »

I'm still looking for the right caliber a woman. So far all I found was a 204 in a CZ.
VarMitt
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100

Post by VarMitt »

I lol with all the funny wife comments and I agree with Captqc on getting a another wife. Over the years I have collected various guns and still have them all. Can't say the same for the wife, working on # four!
YoteSmoker

Post by YoteSmoker »

True sign of an honest and faithful gunlover if I ever heard one! :evil:
YoteSmoker

Post by YoteSmoker »

Still waiting on bgaston (original poster) to come thru and buy that gun...for the love of God. (please don't include this post in your litigation battles). Holy Snikeys!