AR ?

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
exguide67
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage model 10 .204 ruger

AR ?

Post by exguide67 »

How many .204 owners have it in a AR?

what ar plateform is it in?

How do you like it?

The reason is I want to buy one and I want some input on it.

Thanks for any input.
joghotrod

Re: AR ?

Post by joghotrod »

I have 2 .204 uppers for the AR 15. They were built by Dtech http://www.dtechsuperstore.com.

They are reasonably priced and very accurate.

Jimmy
.204 Ruger M77 Mark II Weaver 6-24
.222 Rem. BDL Varmint Leupold VX III 6.5-20
.204 Dtech AR 24 in. 1/9 twist SS Fluted Shilen Barrel with Compensator, Leatherwood 8.5-25 uni-dial Also 1/12 twist Shilen. NRA Life Member
6BR Dtech Upper, Shilen 1/8 twist.
Verminator2
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS 24" stainless fluted.

Post by Verminator2 »

I have a DPMS and it shoots really really well. My dad has a White Oak upper and it also shoots great.
Bomb Squad: If you see me running, try and keep up
serpent71
.204 Ruger Guns: xr-100

Post by serpent71 »

i just got a dtech ar in .223 i might have 100 rounds don't the tube maybe but so far i love it
Grayfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP Shilen 1-10 twist

Post by Grayfox »

I built an AR with a DPMS 24 inch 204 barrel and upper receiver. LMT bolt,Superior Arms lower receiver,RRA NM trigger,Ergo grip,Armalite buttstock,DPMS free float tube, and Tubb chrome silicone buffer spring.

As the parts came in I assembled them,headspaced the rifle, and test fired it.

My first group shooting off a concrete bench and a solid rest was a 5 shots 1/2" group at 100 yards. I was a little surprised as I thought an AR 15 would not shoot that well. The M 16 I used in Viet Nam was Spray and Pray accuracy. My accuracy questions were answered last year on a PD shoot in SD. My longest kill was a 475 yard PD.

Recovery time is so fast you can shoot more than one pd off the same mound.

Last year on the pd shoot I shot 750 rounds out of the AR 15,and only 50 out of my Savage 12 VLP bolt rifle.

Grayfox
exguide67
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage model 10 .204 ruger

Post by exguide67 »

I know that the 204 can shoot. My longest with my savage was 550 yrds :eek: Dead yote once I found the right load to shoot from it Thanks Walt Berger he helped me out with the bullets, thats why I was asking, I want one in a AR plateform.

I own a DPMS lite 16 and I want one in 204.

Thanks for the feed back keep them coming you guys are great.

Jeff
OldTurtle
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage mod. 116 and Custom .204 AR

Post by OldTurtle »

I had one built several years ago by Randall Rausch from AR15Barrels.com... Quite awhile before DPMS came out with theirs.

It's set in an EOP upper, and is a 22" Douglas XX free floated stainless match grade barrel with a 1/12 twist and the chamber was cut with .030 leade to the lands for the 40gr V-Max..

I've shot quite a few rounds through it at Prairie Dogs and at the range and it's still shooting great.

Fortunately I stocked up on quite a bit of ammo before all the recent price increases and I've been able to work up some reloads that will outshine the factory stuff.. I usually load them almost a full grain below any listed max. load and figure that will help me keep that barrel a little longer and not overwork my brass excessively..
AR
Factory/Factory
jaytortorelli
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Post by jaytortorelli »

I have one and love it. I built it up piece by piece, as opposed to a pre-built upper and lower. The key .204 ingredient being the 24" Noveske barrel.