Tell us about yourself...

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Phasor
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix

Post by Phasor »

Hi All,

Joined this forum today, and have to say that it will be one of my favorites. I stumbled on this site from a post over at 6mmBR.com as they have a 20 cal section. I'm retired and live in Wyoming so I do a lot of hunting, and one of my favorites is the prairie dog hunting. I ordered a Cooper Phoenix in 204 Ruger about 6 weeks ago and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival.

I have been shooting a Remington model 700 in 17 Remington for my varminting. So the 204 will give me some increased range. I love this small bore rifles as you can see the shot in the scope. Rounding up bullets, powder and cleaning rods and was very happy to see the accuracy potential of the 204 in the various threads in this forum.

Be talking to most of you in the future,

Jerry
TANKMAN

Post by TANKMAN »

Probably time to introduce myself!!
I go by the name TANKMAN on this site, as I install rain water tanks for a living.
I used to manufacture my own brand of rifle ammo for 3 years up until 2004 - PRECISE AMMUNITION, but increasing costs saw me close this business - 80 loads for 30-odd calibres. I am a part time gun dealer as well - very low key, 10 new guns in stock - I operate from home. I have only ever bought 1 box of factory ammo for myself, as when I bought my first high powered rifle, Ruger M77 MII .223, I also bought Hornady reloading gear and used the factory ammo to sight in the scope! I feel that I have some useful info to add to this forum, given my experience, so bear with me if some of my posts seem quite long. I shoot .308 Full Bore, F-Class, I.P.S.C. handguns, Military rifles, Benchrest .22LR, Clay targets and any varmint that comes my way! My .204 is a Savage 12VLP.
TANKMAN
StevenW

Post by StevenW »

Looks like I may be the newest member of the site so let me introduce myself … my name is Steven Wilson, 53 years old, 5 grandkids and live in the Kansas City, MO area , specifically Lee’s Summit. I left home in 1971 for a 22 year enlistment in the United States Marine Corps. Retired in 1992 and moved to my present home.

I hunted quite a bit as a youngster but stayed mainly with the winged creatures. I tried deer hunting while stationed in Albany, Ga but never really got the fever. Since I retired I’ve shot mainly registered Skeet and Sporting Clays but have had the chance to shoot some PDs in the Attwood, Ks area on some land that belongs to my neighbor’s in-laws. I also had the chance to nail a coyote or 2 while pheasant hunting. I just recently purchased a CZ 527 American .204 and am planning to try it on some local coyotes and crows. If I get into it I may take a PD trip somewhere.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Hi Steven. Welcome to the Forum! You are in our skypilots area & he'll probably holler at you.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Skypilotbc

Post by Skypilotbc »

Glen wrote:Hi Steven. Welcome to the Forum! You are in our skypilots area & he'll probably holler at you.
Hey Steven!! :D
How's that Glen? :lol: We are gonna get together sometime and blow-a-hole-in-a-yote---aren't we Steven? 8)
Bob
Always lookin' for something to blow a hole in!
Statistics, in the main, are used by rascals to impress fools.
Bob
VHA# 64366
Glen

Post by Glen »

Thatdll work Bob!! :lol:

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
sniper3

Post by sniper3 »

hello out there 204 fans im 45 work at a gun store in i.f idaho i do a lot of hunting for big game elk deer and a lot of fox and coyote hunting have a lot of guns for that from .17 rem/221fireball /223rem /22-250/6ppc/22hornet/and a lot more been reloading for 30 years O YES AND THE 204 IN A KIMBER VARMINT LOVE THAT GUN i sell a lot on ebay and guns on gunbroker SO IF YOU NEED SOME THING JUST ASK
Glen

Post by Glen »

Welcome sniper3-- Hope you enjoy the site as much as we do.

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
Zephyr

Post by Zephyr »

Great to find so many 204 shooters!
I live in the Driftless Area of SW Wisconsin, and hunt here in WI as well as NW IL and Eastern Iowa for fox, coyotes, and pheasants. Occasionally get out to SD to hunt coyotes and prairie dogs.
I work as an ecologist along the bluffs of the Mississippi River which is some fantastic country!
My new rifle is a Kimber 84M ProVarmint in .204 Ruger and I'm lovin it. This is surely causing some restructuring of the pecking order of the rifles in the safe. Other favorites in the safe include a Remington M700 BDL in .17 Rem and a customized BDL in .243 Ackley Improved.
There is some great info on this site and I will be checking in often.

Thanks,
Zephyr
Skypilotbc

Post by Skypilotbc »

Welcome!!Zephyr :D I think you'll fit right in. My .204 is a Savage, my .17 Rem is a CZ and my .243 cal is a 6MMAI on a Nesika Mod K. Lot of great guys here and we will be anxiously awaiting your posts.
Bob
Always lookin' for something to blow a hole in!
Statistics, in the main, are used by rascals to impress fools.
Bob
VHA# 64366
Glen

Post by Glen »

Welcome Zephyr. Hope you enjoy the site. Sounds like quite the arsenal you have going there too. :wink:

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
poodlekiller

Post by poodlekiller »

Another new guy here.

Found this site while doing research to find my new Prairie dog destroyer. Purchased a Remington VLS and can't wait to shoot it. Waiting on my Mueller 8.5x25. Nothing is funner than shooting those little fellas in Spring time. My Ruger .17 HMR is a hoot to shoot but I am looking for a little bit more dramatic effect on the kill shoots, as well as adding a couple of hundreds yards to my range.

Looking foward to talking to people.

Jeff
Glen

Post by Glen »

Well I think you made the right choice for effect Jeff. :wink: There is a ton of very good info here. Keep us updated on your poodle pulverizing trips. :lol:

Welcome.

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
BobCatt45

Post by BobCatt45 »

I got to shoot my Ruger.204 m77 mark II yesterday. I am new to the list as far as posting, I have been soaking up all the info and finally got to put it to use yesterday. Not reloading the .204 yet, using hornady factory and remington for my testing purposes. The remington was not at all liked by my gun, could not get it near a patern, the hornady's however were outstanding. 100, 200 and 350 yards made water bottles explode, both the 32 and 40 grns. The one interesting thing about the bottles was that they all came back towards us after impact. Great site lots of information for a rookie and now I am totally on the .204 bandwagon, can't wait for spring and some whistle pig action.
Ethan
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Encore

Post by Ethan »

Hi all,

Brand new 204 owner. I just got a barrel for my Encore yesterday. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet even. Anyway I'm from Michigan work in the Super Bowl city as a "Sanitation Engineer" and looking forward to getting the Encore to shoot one hole groups in the center of coyotes and woodchucks. I've been searching the site and trying to get as much information as possible on the new round. I hope to pick your brains in the future as to loads and bullets and things.

Ethan