Greetings From the Hospital!

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Re: Greetings From the Hospital!

Post by Glen »

Rick-- Have you ever read the book "One Mans Wilderness"? It's a great read. If not shoot me your addy.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Well, back home at the ranch, gotta heal up all these stiches and get ready for some action with our buddy Skippy and his pals soon. Time to get out our EORFS shirts again.....oh yeah!

I've got to thank you all again for all the support you offered me while I was down; it really helped and means alot to me. You guys truly are the greatest.....I mean it.

Hawkeye: Tried to get the VHR/HUD installed in my right eyeball, but the surgeon just gave me a quizzical look...... :shock: Once I explained it to him though, he got a pretty good chuckle out of it. His son is a dyed-in-the-wool varmint hunter, so he knew what I was talking about. What a hoot. :lol:

Glen: PM sent, and thanks!
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

RIO you crack me up. You would sit the bench more solid if they sewed a sand bag in your a$$.
Hey do you suppose those docs who fix cataracts could do the reticle on the eyeball thing?
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Hotshot: Sometimes when there's chores to do, wifey sez she thinks there IS a sandbag sewn to my a$$! Girls.....what do they know? :lol:

As for the Varmint Hunter Reticle and the HUD display....if only I could figure out how to integrate the 204 Weapons System into it! Just think of the spectacle in the field: sitting atop my BR Pivot, belt-fed 204 from a full .50 cal can, HUD/VHR deployed.....Skippy wouldn't know how to act! :eek:

Fun, yes, but I'll take a nice bolt gun shooting single shot, one at a time, and the "one shot, one kill" philosophy any time. When Skippy launches, I'm all smiles..... ;)

Thanks for the mental image though.....grins are good. :!:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

willyp19
.204 Ruger Guns: REM 700 Custom Predator / Varmint, REM 700 VS

Post by willyp19 »

RIO...Glad to hear you are doing well and are back home.

Take care...!
OldTurtle
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage mod. 116 and Custom .204 AR

Post by OldTurtle »

Rick, Glad to hear you are back and with a sense of humor....

Maybe we should start a separate thread to compare scars :roll: :roll:

My last one was a little over 50cm.. the local doctor said it was the longest in town....

Just be sure to follow your post-op instructions and don't try to do what you shouldn't be doing ahead of time....Don't ask me how I know this.... :wall:
AR
Factory/Factory
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

i have a few of them scars myself. and i have a zipper in my chest with some stainless steel wire to hold in my innards! :eek: and like old turtle said, just listen to the doc. take time to heal the right way. i know you know to do that, but reminding you doesn't hurt any. take care and get well rick.
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Rick,
Glad to hear your on the mend at home. Can't wait to get at Skippy, sorry I'll miss the first crack at them. I don't think that you want to to compare scars :eek: that would be an ugly scene! :lol:
Gary
iceboxdan
.204 Ruger Guns: savage fv 12 d-tech ar 204

Post by iceboxdan »

rick
just read the thread .glad to hear your home and doing good. did you get your bell yet.(the one that makes the wife and kids bring you stuff ) good luck and do what the Dr.s say
icebox
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

You guys are a hoot. Don't think there will be any "scar show 'n tells", the only scars I want to see will be on Skippy soon, and those will be very fresh indeed.

Sorry Captqc will miss the first outing, but I promise to regail you with lots of photos of the fun.

As for the "bell" to ring for wifey....yeah, right. If I tried that stunt, I'd likely have a bell in a place I'd neither be happy with, nor would the bell be heard from very far away as a result. The kids are grown now, grandkids out doing kid stuff and in school, so it's just me and wifey with 'the girls' at home, and they're paws don't hold a soup bowl very well. Besides, they're hounds, they'd eat anything nearby long before it ever got to dad! :lol:

Thanks again for all the kindness and well wishes. You guys are right, this IS an extended family. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

OldSchool
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 VLP Super Sniper 10x

Post by OldSchool »

Well Rick,
I know you are trying to cure your sage rat addiction but getting laid up in the hospital is a little extreme don't you think? I am sure your time off has done the population some good though. Funny how surgery was timed while they were napping for the winter, coincidence? I think not.
Anywho, take care buddy, I need some good stories to keep me through this tour in germany.

Oldschool
"There's only one truth about war: people die." - Sheridan
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Old School: Well, the timing for my "event" last June robbed me of our Annual Rat Rodeo, so my crew had to engage Skippy while I was being Medivac'd. So now that I'm almost back to normal (nobody has ever accused me of being "normal" though :mrgreen: ), Skippy and his pals will pay dearly this season. Those critters should start waking up late next month, and with any luck, will get to meet my new Kimber 204 too.

We'll make sure you get fresh field adventures with Skippy to keep you amused while in Germany though, and I hope all is going well. Will you still get deployed to The Sand Pit East as discussed earlier?

Hang in there buddy, you're in our thoughts and prayers. When you get home again, we'll have to pay Skippy a visit together. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

LeeC

Post by LeeC »

Pictures...we need pictures. :eek:
"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson