Tell us about yourself...

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Bobcatt & Ethan-- Welcome to the Forum. Join in often & keep us updated with your findings. Thats how we all learn new ideas.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
pa hog

Post by pa hog »

NEW GUY HI YA ALL

FROM RURAL PA NEAR BLOOMSBURG OR BERWICK.I AM 26 YEARS OLD HAVE BEEN INTO GUNS FOR A WHILE [UNCLES FAULT] NOW ,LOVE TO GROUNG HOG HUNT MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE. HAVE GREAT LOVE FOR SAVAGE GUNS HAVE 3 -.223 12FVSS 4.5-14X40 SF BUCKMASTERS ,ALL STOCK NO GOODIES - .308 12FV MANY GOODIES TAR HUNT MUZZLEBREAK S.S.S. STOCK,BOLT HANDLE,RECOIL LUG, FARREL BASE&RINGS 4-16 NIKON TAC SCOPE SHOOT 110 HORNADYS WOW 48.5 GRAINS H4064 2.734 OAL, 5 SHOT GROUPS .500-.750 ALL DAY AND A .220 SWIFT 112BVSS-S SHOOT 40 GRAIN BALLISTIC SILVERTIPS ALL STOCK NO ACCU-TRIGGER NEEDS TRIGGER BUT SHOOTS GOOD HAVENT PLAYED TO MUCH WITH IT GOT IT USED 6-18 NIKON SCOPE.. LOVE MY 6-18X40 BUCKMASTERS OLD SCHOOL FRONT AO HAVE 3 OF THEM CANT BE BEAT FOR MONEY NOW WITH EVERYBODY CLEARANCING THEM OFF TO MAKE ROOM FOR NEW SIDE FOCUS MODELS HAVE ONE IN 4.5-14 NICE SCOPE BUT LIKE FRONT AO BETTER JUST GOT .204 FOR ENCORE THATS MY TEST BED BEFORE I GET A SAVAGE MAYBE MODEL 12 PRECISON VARMINTER LOOKS SWEET .. LIVE NEAR AND AM FRIENDS WITH RANDY FRITZ AKA TAR-HUNT SLUG GUNS CHECK THEM OUT AWESOME ENERGY AND ACCURACY .. ALSO CLOSE TO HART RIFLES THESE GUY DID A .243 REM BARREL FOR ME INSANELY ACCURATE WITH CABELAS 75 GRAIN HSM LOADS...LOTS OF HOGS ROUND HERE CANT WAIT TO TRY .204 RUGER...

PA HOG
long range-dead before ya hear the bang
Gunmedic

Tell us about yourself

Post by Gunmedic »

Hi All, new guy here,
Name is Gary, home in Kamloops B.C. 56 years old. Kamloops is semi desert area. Fair amount of coyotes here, just a short drive.
Been hunting since I was 15 years old, took a hiatus from 90' to present, just getting back into it.
Ordered a Ruger No.1 in .204 from the local gunshop, (Powderkeg) waiting with baited breath.
I work for the Provincial Government as a Critical Care Paramedic, this March 01 will be 37 years in the business, so, almost time to pull the pin and devote a lot more time to hunting and fishing. If any of you guys want to see a real neat pic of the Rainbow trout that my son caught on Dec 23rd, I can e-mail it to you if you send your address.
Ice fishing on Red Lake, just out of Kamloops, 4 pounds by scale, on green jig and small bit of shrimp. Dad got skunked, oh well next time.
Thanks for reading and take care, all, and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
"Happiness is warm brass on a cold day"
Firebird
.204 Ruger Guns: Abolt Stalker

Post by Firebird »

hello hello to all

Just found this site, have been researching the 204 as Im looking for a fur friendly predator calling rifle. Seems like the 204 is the ticket!

I look forward to posting and reading, Im looking to get a m700 LVSF before next winter.

Right now I have a LVSF 223.
willyp19
.204 Ruger Guns: REM 700 Custom Predator / Varmint, REM 700 VS

Post by willyp19 »

Hey Everyone...

I am from Eastern Washington, and have just started to work up a load for the 204. I got hooked on shooting coyotes, and am trying to work on calling them in? :? Last year, went to Eastern Montana for some P-Dog hunting, and can't wait to go back. :) Alway looking for new people to hunt with, and new spots to try.
JerryQ

Post by JerryQ »

My name is Jerry. I live in Waukesha, WI with my wife and 2 children ages 3 and 5. I just ordered a .204 barrel for my G2 Contender. Looking foreward to learning alot here, and contribute when I can.
Glen

Post by Glen »

Welcome Jerry! We look forward to answering any ??'s you might have & reading about your adventures/accomplishments. Check all the Tabs at the top of the page. Good info hidden there. :wink:

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
WVrugerfan

Post by WVrugerfan »

Hi everyone,
My name is Everett Arthur I live in Leon WV. Im 24 and have been hunting, fishing, and everything else outdoors since I could run. I mainly deer hunt and fish the rivers but I love shooting ground hougs. I have a small farm with a few ground hogs and after blasting at them with my 270 I decided I needed something a little smaller that I could see em through my scope when I shot. I first looked at the 223 wssm but went with the 204 after hearing problems of accuracy from the wssm line. I have the savage 11fxp3. So far I have shot 2 deer in the head with it at over 100 yards and it works good!! Great little gun. Hope to learn alot form this site.
Glen

Post by Glen »

Hi Everett. Welcome to the Forum. Hope you enjoy it here. We sure do! :D

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
jb747

Post by jb747 »

Another Aussie. My name is John and I live in Melbourne, Victoria. I'm an airline pilot for a living, so I spend half of my life away from home....and as much of the other half as I can manage out in the fields. 50 years old, married, with a 19 year old son. My wife is my main shooting buddy...she likes these toys as much as I do.

I've got access to a few farms in western Victoria on which we shoot rabbits, foxes, hares, and the occasional cat. And we've made a couple of trips to the Northern Territory to shoot pigs. There'll be more of that in the future.

Bought the boss a Rem LVSF in 204 for Christmas. Hasn't been shot yet, but we'll hopefully change that status in the next couple of days. And then I'll have to start reloading for it.

Starting to build up a bit of a collection...
22 lr, 204, 221, 223, 22/250, 6*47, 6/250, 243, 30/30, 308, 30/06 (soon to be rebarreled to 338/06).
Glen

Post by Glen »

Hi John-- I guess that explains your handle here. Cool. Welcome & let us know how that rifle wrings out for you,,, I mean your wife!! :lol:

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
OldSchool
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 VLP Super Sniper 10x

Post by OldSchool »

HI everybody,
Since I have posted here a few times I guess I better intro myself.
Names Terry, born and raised in the mountains in Oregon. Been in the Army for the last 10 years. I been all over, yup even to the great sandbox. made it to Sergeant First Class just before I came home which got me a job teaching the PA national guard how to use the new Stryker vehicles they will soon be getting.
Moved out here about 4 months ago with my lovely wife and 3 ankle biters. She is currently fighting a neurological disorder so we don't get to go hunting together much anymore and I have to help out a lot with the chores but we get by.
We both enjoy wrecking jackrabbits and are just getting into coyote hunting. I did some back in Oregon but look forward to trying my tricks on these eastern yotes.
Just getting my first 204 after falling in love with my match AR and it's effect on jacks. But the communist party of pennsylvania has deemed it illegal to use a semiauto on anything with a pulse hence the new gun. It is a savage low pro, will be topped with a burris 6-24 signature riding on a harris bipod.
Thanks in advance for the tons of help I will shamelessly solicit from all of you.
"There's only one truth about war: people die." - Sheridan
perrytrails

Post by perrytrails »

Hi all, great site. Just picked up a savage in .204 and I love it. Can't wait to take some game with it. I'm 37, with a lovely red head wife and three kids, been in the printing business for just over 18 years here in SE Ohio. Was rasied by an old mountain man from SE Kentucky, a retired coal miner and WWll veteran, who kept me in the outdoors all my life, huntin, fishin, trappin he passed on a thing or two. He retired when I was 4 years old, we spent many days together in the woods and on the bank. Very lucky I am. Looking forward to all the info I can gather here!! Thanks for a great site.
Glen

Post by Glen »

Welcome to the site perrytrails. I'm up here in New Philadelphia. How about them Buckeyes!! :wink:

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
NHS

Post by NHS »

I'm glad I found this site. I am seriously contemplating picking up a 204 in the very near future. I am still trying to learn all I can about this new cartridge. I like what I have read about it so far. I think it will fit nicely into my small line up of rifles. I have never owned a small caliber centerfire. I have a .22 Win Mag rimfire that is on the small side for yotes and a .243 that is a bit on the big side. I look forward to reading all I can here to make an informed decision.

NHS

I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it.