Tikka T3 Varmint Range report

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
scott_r
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington Model 700 LVSF

Tikka T3 Varmint Range report

Post by scott_r »

My Tikka T3 Varmint came in a while back and mounted a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 on it and headed out to see how she shot. I was amazed at how well this gun shot with zero mods other then lowering the trigger weight.
The test targets are some of my intial loads and have not done any fine tuning...Im very happy and could possibly have a one hole shooter here :D I tried Benchmark, H4895, H322 and Varget. Best groups came from Benchmark and H4895.

Squares are 1/2" on the grid

Cheers!!
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Re: Tikka T3 Varmint Range report

Post by glenn asher »

That's good shooting, scott_r, no flies on your rifle or loads, for sure.

How do you like the Vortex? I keep hearing great things about them, and the ones I've peeked thru seemed very good.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Post by greystone »

Nice shooting! I was looking at the Tikka T3 lite but we can't get them in a 204 here in the US so I bought a CZ and I'm very happy with it tho. BTW I have a Vortex also and am happy with it. So far I'm having my best luck with H322 and 4895 and 35 Bergers. Anyhow good luck with the Tikka. Nice guns. Dave
Keith in Ga

Post by Keith in Ga »

Nice gun and nice shooting. I have two Tikka Varmints, but in .223 and .22-250. I recently put a 12 oz Jard trigger in the .223, and it is really made a big difference. You may want to look into the Jard trigger for your rifle.
ImageImage
scott_r
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington Model 700 LVSF

Post by scott_r »

glenn asher wrote:

How do you like the Vortex? I keep hearing great things about them, and the ones I've peeked thru seemed very good.
Amazing scope for the money. Ive owned Elite 4200's and Mark 4's on my other guns and this Viper is better then the 4200's and on par with the Mark 4 in my opinion. Solid scope with a warranty thats bulletproof makes me very happy :D
You may want to look into the Jard trigger for your rifle
Interesting I will have to look into that. The Trigger on the Tikka is decent, but won't go under 1lb as far as I know.

Just wanted to thank you guys for your fine posts and load info here, really has helped me find some good loads and some potential new ones to try.

Cheers!!
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

That's what we're here for :D :D .
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
rpknaz
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger KM77VT MKII with Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40

Post by rpknaz »

That is one sweet rifle and shooter. Have fun with that.
Peace and love will get you killed. Unarmed helplessness is a welcome mat for evil. Self-defense is the most powerful, driving instinct in good people everywhere. To deny it is evil personified. Ted Nugent.