Tell us about yourself...

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
perrytrails

Post by perrytrails »

The Buckeyes had a great season, but I have to mention, I'm a huge fan of that team up north. Yep Blue, thur and thur. I won't mention the name out of respect, and the fact I'm trying to make friends here. Been a Blue fan for many years!
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

NHS-- Welcome! We look forward to hearing about that new 204. :wink:

perrytrails-- What team up north?? I didn't know there was any other. :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Bergcrane2
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington VSSF II

Post by Bergcrane2 »

Hold it Glen, you're surrounded on both sides by Blue Fans!! ;)
I'm new to this site, and just bought a Remington VSSF in 204. WOW, what a shooter.
Live in Mid-Michigan, 2 kids and the same woman for 21 years. Work in the Entertainment Industry.
May all your shots hit the bullseye (or Buckeye). hehe
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

Hello everyone, my name is Mike Freese and I live in Springfield, MO. I'm 28 years old and have been an avid outdoorsman my entire life. I am just starting to get into varmint hunting and look forward to talking to you all on this great forum. I hope to get the opportunity to try prairie dog hunting in the near future, so if anyone has suggestions for places within a reasonable distance, I'd be most appreciative.

I am a Freight Coordinator for a transportation company and I also run a web site service that purchases new vehicles for clients at great prices. Cars are my other passion, so the web business is a natural fit for me. If anyone ever needs help or information about new cars, I'll be happy to offer any help that I can.
Glen

Post by Glen »

Hi Mike. Welcome. Hope you enjoy it here. :wink:

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
Mike

Post by Mike »

Thank you Glen. I'm certain that I'll really enjoy it here! Looks like a lot of great people talking about the outdoors, hunting and shooting. Hard not to enjoy that! :wink:
GrayDuck

Post by GrayDuck »

Brenden Mannell from Des Moines, IA. I am primarily a waterfowler but have recently wanted to get back into shooting and some predator hunting. After some research it became pretty obvious to me that the 204 would be tough to beat. Now I just need to get my ordered.
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Re: Tell us about yourself...

Post by Ray P »

204Shooter wrote:Now that the site has been up for about 2 weeks and we have 40 users, I thought it was time for some introductions.

My name is Brian and I am the administrator. So if there are any problems or if you have suggestions, just let me know.

I am from Utah (grew up in Wyoming) and have been hunting and shooting all my life. I am married to the world's most beautiful read-head! We have four boys.

I started this site because I love the .204 Ruger. As I was deciding whether or not to get one, I went to the web to find out more. But I couldn't find any sites that had a lot of information about the little .204. There was quite a bit of information, but it was spread out over many different sites. I was frustrated that there was not a site dedicated to the caliber. :idea: So...here we are.

I am not as serious a preditor hunter of some of you but am getting more into it all the time. It is a lot of fun calling in coyotes. But I am a big varmint hunter, and a deer hunter, and antelope hunter...

I'm a "Jack of all trades, master of none" kind of guy. I am not an expert and look forward to learning from you. However, I do enjoy reloading. In fact, my last three guns have never fired a factory round.

I enjoy reading about others' experiences and stories. So keep me entertained and let me hear all of your hunting stories. :D

Feel free to introduce yourselves and I hope you enjoy the site!
Brian Hello my name is Ray P from NE Pa. Thank you for creating this site and being a moderator. I replace a 22-250 with the 204. Now I have 3!! Two Remington 700 and a s/s varment Ruger #1.
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

Welcome Brenden and Ray!
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
OldTurtle
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage mod. 116 and Custom .204 AR

Post by OldTurtle »

Hello everyone. After a few posts, a thought came to me that an introduction is needed.

My name it Bill Tinsley, age 64 for a couple of more months. I live in Boonville, MO (little river town) where I grew up. Married to a great, very understanding lady and between us, we have 4 children and 9 grandchildren. I started out on the KCMO police dept when I was 21 and moved to the Columbia, MO PD where I retired in '91

My wife and I owned a B&B for a few years after retirement and due to a serious rear-ender by a semi, she is totally disabled and I'm worse than I was. Just got through withe two major surgeries and getting back to being able to get out in the field for a while.

I got my first 204 last April and fell in love with it and now have a 204 barreled upper that has been made for my AR-15.

Until lately, I've shot a lot of handgun competition on and off of the police team. I reload my second love, the 10mm, and am starting to gather info on reloading the 204/223.

I got into PD shooting and now hunting the elusive Coyote.
Glen

Post by Glen »

Hi Bill. Sounds like things are getting a bit better then. Thats good to hear. Welcome to the Forum. Hope to hear more from you in the future. Good Luck with the 204.

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Bill,

I do a lot of hunting up in Glasgow, MO every year. One of my friends has a farm up there. It's a great area for deer, turkey and coyotes. I'd be curious where you hunt for prairie dogs. My friend and I are looking for a place (as close as we can find..KS, OK, NE?) to try that sport this year. Hope that things continue to get better for you and your wife.
Bumshot

Post by Bumshot »

Hi to everyone. I have been reading on this forum for a while. It is GREAT!! I am from North Dakota. The best state in the nation. I am almost 67 years old, single, and retired. I have a little Boston Terrier named Tina. I live on my farm in the country with a shooting bench just outside my door. I do a lot of hunting and shooting. Been reloading for 49 years. Have done a little competion bench rest shooting. Also archery. I shot three deer with bow and one with my 270 wsm last fall. I have a tac 20 in the Cooper 21. I have on order a Savage 16 fss in 204. Already got the Boyd thumbhole stock for it. Also yesterday ordered a Savage 12 vlp single shot. Have been reading a lot of good reports on it here.
Thank you for starting this great forum. Dean
The older I get, the better I was.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

Bumshot and Mike, glad to have you here. We're mostly a laid-back bunch, there's lots of data here, and maybe some advice that will help, or that you can help with, WELCOME!
Mike, I grew up in Marceline, a ways north of Glasgow, still deer hunt there every year. You're right about deer, coyotes and turkeys up there, you can add bobcats to the mix, too, and the stray fox and groundhog. Nice place!
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
hoyt389

thanx for the site

Post by hoyt389 »

hello fellers, been hunting varms. and preds. here in central texas for a few years now. been looking into another small cal. for a while. bought a hmr for p. dogs, but found out it was not much good for anything else. its been a toss up between 17 rem or 204 ruger for coyotes and bobs.

ive been through a million posts about both, talked to shop owners about both, opinions have been scatterded at best. its refreshing to find a forum dedicated to a certain cal., no fighting because you have this, and i have that and BLAH BLAH BLAH. heard enough of that. :mad:

thanks for the site, i will enjoy reading past posts and replies. who knows it may be enough to sway me towards the 204