Ruger rifle

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
wtdew
.204 Ruger Guns: Hawkeye Left hand .201

Ruger rifle

Post by wtdew »

I see a lot of rifles that are being used to shoot the .204 Ruger round. But, most of them are not Ruger made. Why are there not more RUGER rifles being used?
Joe O
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV,Ruger K1V,G2 Contender

Re: Ruger rifle

Post by Joe O »

Who knows what goes on in the marketing department of Ruger Arms.They co-deveoped the 204 with Hornady,and they don' chamber their#1 varmit model for that cartridge . I was lucky enough to find a NIB SS one a couple months ago.
tuck2

Post by tuck2 »

I purchased a .204 Ruger Ruger Target-Varmint model when they first came out. It was a very accurate out of the box rifle . My brother and son in law have also gotten the same modle . Over the years I have tryed out various brands of rifles and cartridges. The .204 Ruger is the best prairie dog rifle I have used.
joghotrod

Post by joghotrod »

My first .204 was a Ruger and it is my most accurate of the 3. I bought it used from a member here about 3 years ago. My Dtech AR's are very close to it but not better.

Jimmy
.204 Ruger M77 Mark II Weaver 6-24
.222 Rem. BDL Varmint Leupold VX III 6.5-20
.204 Dtech AR 24 in. 1/9 twist SS Fluted Shilen Barrel with Compensator, Leatherwood 8.5-25 uni-dial Also 1/12 twist Shilen. NRA Life Member
6BR Dtech Upper, Shilen 1/8 twist.
Ruger1
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 LRPV

Post by Ruger1 »

Just like Joe O, I recently bought the Ruger 1V in SS .204. Had the trigger changed out right away as they have notorious tough triggers ( I have owned 3 ). Unlike some reports I have seen this thing shoots bug holes. Very consistant groups and right now is pushing my LRPV in accuracy but the trigger is still a little rough. Can't get it down lower than 2 1/2# and I much prefer about 1#. My loads are much better than factory in this rifle and I'm very glad I added it to my arsenal.