BitterRoot Valley Ammo IN-STOCK...CheaperThanDirt

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
lanenebraska
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15 platform 204

BitterRoot Valley Ammo IN-STOCK...CheaperThanDirt

Post by lanenebraska »

They got some now :D 8) ;)

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM191-1.html

$10.83 a box of 20 :lol: :D
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

Re: BitterRoot Valley Ammo IN-STOCK...CheaperThanDirt

Post by BabaOriley »

That price could definitely be worth it. I probably have $450 into loading my first batch of 1000. If it's Winchester brass they use, I would have rather purchased the first 1000 loaded for another $100 over what I spent in components. I guess it depends on the components they use, and how they perform. Seen any testimonials on them?
Last edited by BabaOriley on Thu May 27, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

These are some guys who broke off from HSM and started another ammo business. No doubt they know how to load ammunition. I don't know what brass they use. If it's that Korean crap that PMC and HSM used to have it would be slightly better than junk. Recently got Win brass from HSM, but they used Remington last year.
bow shot
.204 Ruger Guns: Rock River Arms AR-15 Varminter
Location: Central NY: infested with liberal wack-jobs and their damage

Post by bow shot »

FWIW, I saw it posted (I fergit where), that they were using TopBrass brass, so I figured that if that was the case, then I'd grab some BVAC ammo. So I e-mailed TopBrass:

me: Do you folks supply the .204 brass for Bitterroot Valley Ammunition? I'm just asking because I'm close to buying some (.204 ammo from BVA), and would like to know what quality level I should expect from that. I'll be reloading...
TopBrass: I think BVAC is offering Winchester brass in the .204 cal at this time. Thank you and Have a Great Memorial Weekend.

me: Do you folks manufacture brass for .204 hand loaders like me?
TopBrass: No I’m sorry we do not make a .204 case. Thank you for checking with me, Have a great Memorial weekend.
bow shot

Post by bow shot »

but the weird thing is this.. I emailed bitterroot, and...

me: howdy, Can you tell me who makes the brass for your .204 ruger ammo? I'll be reloading, that's why I'd like to know. thanks kindly!

bitterroot: Good Morning Dave, Our brass is made by “Top Brass”; good stuff that should reload well for you.
With Complements, and Best Regards,Del Crawford

So, I'm 90% of the way to just forgetting it. I'm so sick of trying to figure out the truth on any thing other than what God says anymore...it just isn't worth my energy. I'll just buy Nosler Brass.
bow shot

Post by bow shot »

...and I'm NOT saying any one is lying, or the ammo is NG, etc. I guess I'm saying I'm getting lazy, LOL!!
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

bow shot: "Getting lazy".....I can relate. In an attempt to have enough ammo loaded for my new Cooper MTV 204 for our annual Rat Rodeo coming up soon, I'm on my third batch of fully prepping 100 pcs of WW brass (300 so far).....what drudergy it is. No Norma or Nosler brass to be found locally, not even at the Nosler Pro Shop, no time for UPS sillyness and shipping charges....soooo, it's toiling away doing the prep thing to domestic brass......again. :?

Do you think Lapua will start making 204 brass anytime soon? It sure would be nice to have a third option for fully prepared/match brass for the 204. (I would not buy no-name brass either. You know what you're getting with name brand factory ammo or brass.)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

wirelessguy2005
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom 20 SCC, Savage LRPV 20 Nitro , Howa 1500 204 Ruger

Post by wirelessguy2005 »

Does anyone have the FPS on the bitterroot 204 ammo? I was told that they load them very light.
wirelessguy2005
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom 20 SCC, Savage LRPV 20 Nitro , Howa 1500 204 Ruger

Post by wirelessguy2005 »

I agree, it would be nice to have some Lapua brass. Just wish it wasn't so crazy expensive.
Rick in Oregon wrote:bow shot: "Getting lazy".....I can relate. In an attempt to have enough ammo loaded for my new Cooper MTV 204 for our annual Rat Rodeo coming up soon, I'm on my third batch of fully prepping 100 pcs of WW brass (300 so far).....what drudergy it is. No Norma or Nosler brass to be found locally, not even at the Nosler Pro Shop, no time for UPS sillyness and shipping charges....soooo, it's toiling away doing the prep thing to domestic brass......again. :?

Do you think Lapua will start making 204 brass anytime soon? It sure would be nice to have a third option for fully prepared/match brass for the 204. (I would not buy no-name brass either. You know what you're getting with name brand factory ammo or brass.)
bow shot

Post by bow shot »

Agreed Rick!

I really like that Nosler...