Winter .204 activity

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Guy M

Winter .204 activity

Post by Guy M »

Snowy and cold here in central Washington now.

Loading. May get the .204 out for coyotes, but it will have to beat the .25-06 to my hands. Will check zero & "come ups" sometime late in winter.

That's it for now... Waiting for spring!

What are your .204 winter plans?

Guy
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Re: Winter .204 activity

Post by Jim White »

I'm going to load check the IMR 8208 XBR in all of my 204's
Guy M

Post by Guy M »

Looking forward to seeing how that powder does in the .204 - am out of BLC(2) which is what I've been using for a few years. Might be time to switch. Or at least try something different.
Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Post by Gube »

"Meatsickle" is just setting up, so should be pounding some yotes before to long.
Savage Vaporizer
ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

Post by ryutzy »

Im with you Gube...........Meatsickle it is! I need to wait about 2-3 more weeks yet so the weather will stay below freezing most of the time. Jan-March will be great here. My winter fun projects this year consist of handloading and coyote hunting.
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Post by Valar »

Supposed to snow tomorrow night into sat hoping for 6 inches plus. I build a scabbard on the white snowmobile. Gonna go after some yotes sat Morn. I have the ar 204 dialed in even took some 400 yard target shots today to see where it hits and gauge bullet drift in ten mph cross wind. Look out yotes!
Guy M

Post by Guy M »

Best of luck to you!
RoadKill
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem. 700VLS and 23" G2 barrel on older Contender

Post by RoadKill »

We had about two inches of snow yesterday and at sunrise this morning I was at the kitchen window taking in the way cool colors. About 180 yards out one of our relatively new resident coyotes passes through obviously on a mission. About half an hour latter there are turkey feeding near the same spot. The turkey around here had been so many that they roamed about the yard like chickens but the sightings have become notably fewer since early this past summer. The howling and giant fox sightings have increased during the same period. WAR time! I have brand spanking new parts and support for a Redneck 700 Sniper Rifle scattered everywhichaway and I’m under attack. I got things to do. Latter.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

It's been cold here since Wednesday 12-1 & is expected to stay under 32* til this coming Fri/Saturday. Then the highs are projected to be 36*. Prime coyote time & I'll have the 204 out some along with the shotgun, the 22WMR for raccoon calling & the 17HMR/22WMR for some fox calling. Hope to get at least a shot or 2. :mrgreen:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Valar

Post by Valar »

Shotgun deer ended here tonight. Shes cold the way I like it. Dogsitting my sons lab so no getting out calling yotes for me till Friday. I plan to scout for dogs from the vehicle tomarrow. I can take lab with me dont trust leaving him at home.
ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

Post by ryutzy »

Valar I'm assuming that you are from Ohio since shotgun season ended tonight? What part are you from? I'm just north west of Columbus. I hunt central and a lot of southern Ohio.
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable
Valar

Post by Valar »

Nope Rutzy Illinois Northern ill. I went out a scouted and banged on some doors this morning, goin callin coyotes when my daughter gets home from school.
TXNinVA
.204 Ruger Guns: None...yet

Post by TXNinVA »

I'll be hunting all pred's when I have time, and testing 4 different bullets as time allows. The gun will stay sighted as is for the generic load I'm using til spring.
Valar

Post by Valar »

Went out and made a stand this morning. My second stand using Les Johnsons Ruffy Dawg Calls. Gads I had two yotes come in within 20 min closest came to 20 yards and second was at 150. Now If my dumb butt could just get over the jitters. I cant beleive I missed! It was me not the gun. I shoot excellent off a rest, guess it is time for a bipod? Hard for me to understand as I am a better than average skeet and trap shooter. Oh well making a different stand tomorrow. I dont think I will use my electronic calls anymore. They may be better than nothing, but results with Knight and Hale, and les Johnson Ruffy Dawg are much better. Just need too hold up the shootin end here. I guess thats why Les Johnsom takes a shotgun and a rifle?