Am I wrong...........

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Herb in pa
.204 Ruger Guns: 700 Rem with Pacnor barrel

Am I wrong...........

Post by Herb in pa »

in my thinking? I previously posted about a problem with factory loaded Hornady brass in 204 Ruger and contacted the factory. They acknowledged a manufacturing problem. I then told them that I would rather have an equivalent value of bullets rather than factory loaded ammunition. They sent me 350 vmax bullets as compensation for 100 loaded factory rounds which I believe is a tad light. I called them last Wednesday and they said they would get back to me...........no return call. Recalled them today and their attitude was that's it. Well, that's it for me and Hornady.........not even a hint of attempting to placate a customer, who through no fault of his own received faulty product.

And, before anyone asks, I sent them back 5 fired cases and 95 loaded ones.....................
Trent
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS Varminter

Re: Am I wrong...........

Post by Trent »

Sounds a lot light to me!

100 rounds factory Hornady = approximately $100.00

350 vmax bullets = approximately $70.00

Retail prices.

I'm thinking that they should have compensated you 500 rounds to be fair. Just my opinion though.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

What was the problem with the factory ammo? blown primers, etc. ? As for the trade, sounds on the light side. Bill K :)
Herb in pa

Post by Herb in pa »

The rim thickness was way out of spec, would extract but not eject.
ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

Post by ryutzy »

Yeah they cheated you. I had the same experience with Winchester a while ago. I bought 200 rounds of .243 Winchester brass. The primer pockets were so loose that they would hardly hold a primer. Sent them back for a refund and they sent me a $50 certificate to buy anything winchester. HELLO!! I paid $85 for the brass!
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

My way of thinking is that Hornady traded even up for their cost of the 100rds by re-imbursing with those 350 bullets. YMMV
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Trent
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS Varminter

Post by Trent »

I would stay on them until they make it right.

Federal had an issue with a certain lot of their Automatch .22lr ammo either last year or the year before. I saw a lot of reports where they were paying for shipping of the bad ammo back to Federal, and they were reimbursing folks with double the amount of ammo that was purchased. That kind of customer service goes a long way towards retaining future customers. Hornady needs to step up to the plate here, they AT LEAST need to make it an even reimbursement.
chris_32212
.204 Ruger Guns: none currently

Post by chris_32212 »

The only recourse we have is "consumer sovereignty" <--- fancy college economic term that means we have to choose to stop buying products from companies that treat their customers like garbage. Individuals doing so would be small patatoes for them but if we came together as a shooting community and refused to purchase their products, Hornaday would be forced to make changes or get replaced in the marketplace. This is the last straw for me. Too many people I know have had issues with Hornaday. I am done with them.

Chris
Tokimini
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS with a Shilen barrel

Post by Tokimini »

I had a problem a little over a year ago with Hornady factory ammo in my Remington 700 in 204 Ruger. They got some bad brass and a round basically blew up in my gun trashing the bolt. Hornady had me send my gun back to Remington and paid for the repair with no questions asked. About 2 weeks after I sent an email to Hornady praising the service I got from the rep I worked with I found a large box from Hornady with 200 rounds of 40gr Vmax factory ammo in it on my doorstep. That was about $250 worth of ammo.
Herb in pa

Post by Herb in pa »

You must have used up their entire allottment of goodwill......they were probably relieved you didn't sue them!!!!!!!!!
wirelessguy2005
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom 20 SCC, Savage LRPV 20 Nitro , Howa 1500 204 Ruger

Post by wirelessguy2005 »

I recently had problems with a set of Hornady dies. When i called customer service they were very friendly and offered to replace the product immediately. I asked them where i need to send the defective product to and they said don't worry about it. They are sending me replacement dies on my word that the originals are bad. They sure treated me right and were more than fair. However i do agree that they should of sent you more bullets as replacement for the ammo.
Bayou City Boy

Post by Bayou City Boy »

If we choose to boycott every company that someone has some sort of fully defined, at least in his mind, trouble with, and he then posts about it on the internet expecting group sympathy, pretty soon we'll be making our own brass, bullets, powder, rifles, scopes and so on.

"Stuff" happens. I had a guy with a very well known firearms/reloading supply company tell me that the customer service they are able to supply is directly proportional to the customer's attitude. He said some folks let you know immediately that there is not a darn thing you can do to satisfy them, but they expect you to bend over backwards trying. Others call and explain the problem in a rational and sane manner, and he said those customers they can productively devote time to to try to resolve the issues to everyone's satisfaction. He said with the others, any amount of effort is going to fall on deaf ears unless you can are able to walk on water in the customer's mind. And he said many of those folks want twice as much in return for what they originally paid for because they've "been screwed" intentionally by the offending company.......

And yes, they are still in business and doing well. Moral - if any - : The amount of honey you get from the hive is directional proportional to how hard you sting the first time you enter the hive.

JMO - BCB
chris_32212
.204 Ruger Guns: none currently

Post by chris_32212 »

Thats just not how I operate. When I am being forcibly plowed from behind against my will by a company, I don't spin around and catch it in the mouth in hopes of getting some extra gratuity(more bullets) from their customer service department. I cut ties and support companies with a better quality control system.
Last edited by chris_32212 on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tpcollins
.204 Ruger Guns: Tikka T3 Lite

Post by tpcollins »

I had an issue with several Remington slugs that didn't go off so I sent an email to their customer service, they sent me a return shipping label, I sent the slugs in, didn't hear from them for awhile, contacted them again, they said it was my gun's fault.

So I looked up their CEO online, sent him a very nice letter and included the email train that I had established. I got an apology phone call from their Customer Service manager and a check for $50. All you have to do is keep asking "for their supervisor/manager" until you get satisfaction.
Herb in pa

Post by Herb in pa »

Bayou City Boy wrote:If we choose to boycott every company that someone has some sort of fully defined, at least in his mind, trouble with, and he then posts about it on the internet expecting group sympathy, pretty soon we'll be making our own brass, bullets, powder, rifles, scopes and so on.

"Stuff" happens. I had a guy with a very well known firearms/reloading supply company tell me that the customer service they are able to supply is directly proportional to the customer's attitude. He said some folks let you know immediately that there is not a darn thing you can do to satisfy them, but they expect you to bend over backwards trying. Others call and explain the problem in a rational and sane manner, and he said those customers they can productively devote time to to try to resolve the issues to everyone's satisfaction. He said with the others, any amount of effort is going to fall on deaf ears unless you can are able to walk on water in the customer's mind. And he said many of those folks want twice as much in return for what they originally paid for because they've "been screwed" intentionally by the offending company.......

And yes, they are still in business and doing well. Moral - if any - : The amount of honey you get from the hive is directional proportional to how hard you sting the first time you enter the hive.

JMO - BCB
I had a pleasant conversation with customer service about my problem, sent them back 94 loaded rounds and 6 empties. I received 350 40 grain Vmax bullets in return. Now if you can tell me how 350 bullets = 100 loaded rounds you must be on Obama's budget team!