Awesome Day With My Son

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Shamu25
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint in .204

Awesome Day With My Son

Post by Shamu25 »

Awesome day in Michigan yesterday shooting with my favorite friend. Time flies. He's almost 40 and I now have my Medicare card. Don't wait till you spend time with your son. Only thing I wish is that I still had my dad so he could have joined us. It was 45 and sunny at the range near the Amyway world headquarters, Grand Rapids Michigan. We shot my CZ Varmint in .204 as well as his new CZ 1911 and my Air Arms S510 .22 cal PCP air rifle plus he made up a round of skeet in between. Also in the mix were a CZ 9mm, .380 LCP and his beloved CZ 452 in .22cal. We had a ball. Check out my first attempt at 200 yds with my .204. This 1 1/4" group is the second group that I shot. The other pic is my best group at 50 yards with my air rifle. Life is very short. Stay close to those you love.
http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae31 ... G_9432.jpg
http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae31 ... G_9431.jpg
Bodei
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa Mod 1500 24" BBL .204R; Cooper M21 20 VT; CZ 527 17HH

Re: Awesome Day With My Son

Post by Bodei »

Nice shootin! What kind of .204 ammo?
K = ½mv2
Shamu25

Post by Shamu25 »

39 gr Sierra BK's, 25.6gr Benchmark, Rem 7 1/2 primers, 2.30 COL, Winchester brass, neck sized
Tokimini
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS with a Shilen barrel

Post by Tokimini »

One of my favorite things to do is shooting with my sons. It can be a little humbling at times but it's always great.
cracker

Post by cracker »

Shamu25
You said it about life being short, Enjoy it now. The group that we get together with about twice a year to shoot are all getting older. As we all know the older you get the more people you know leave us, we always start our sessions with a 21 gun salute for the ones that have left us. Also bringing newbes into the picture assures us this tradition will live on. Enjoy those close to you while you still can, and there is no place like the range for good times. Glad to hear you and your family get to spend range time together, and nice shooting by the way. I am in Wisconsin and this has been a great year for winter shooting.
Take care stay close to those you love and always shoot straight
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker
bow shot
.204 Ruger Guns: Rock River Arms AR-15 Varminter
Location: Central NY: infested with liberal wack-jobs and their damage

Post by bow shot »

Good job Shamu25, You did the right thing! Anytime you break out the weapons, you're doing the right thing, lol!!

I'll try to post pics of our last couple "gun day"s..
Shamu25

Post by Shamu25 »

Thanks guys for your affirmative responses. Can't hardly wait till I get the grand kids out there on the range. Only wish they could have grown up where I did on a mid Michigan farm full of pheasants and squirrels and crows and fox and deer and tons of sparrows and starlings. Close to heaven as a kid. Still have my daisy pump from 1955. Memories of an amazing dad from my childhood also.