Morning in the Office

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Bodei
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa Mod 1500 24" BBL .204R; Cooper M21 20 VT; CZ 527 17HH

Re: Morning in the Office

Post by Bodei »

I'm already looking forward to maximizing my "office" time next Spring. One thing I would add to the ol' office is some type of a portable gun rack. I saw one on Sinclair that looked promising. Just need to swivel around and pick up that cool barrel without digging around through gun cases, etc.
K = ½mv2
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

Glen wrote:Yeah but it's not a corner office!! :lol: :lol:

I could go to work just like that everyday & it wouldn't bother me at all!! :wink: :wink:
Glen,

I'd call Rick's office the Penthouse. He's got they whole darn floor (field) and darn nice view to boot.

Jim
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

That's definitelt what it is Jim!! :mrgreen:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
bow shot
.204 Ruger Guns: Rock River Arms AR-15 Varminter
Location: Central NY: infested with liberal wack-jobs and their damage

Post by bow shot »

Great office, but I see that the clients are treated like... well: rats.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Yeppers, you're right, we do indeed treat our clients like rats, but in all fairness, we DO give them free flying lessons!

The "penthouse office" was occupied by our crew member "Rat Force One", or Dan to the rest of us. He climbed the ladder (not the corporate one) and got a great perspective on his clients below. Being the nice guy he is, he then passed out free colorful little plastic pointy tip things to the 'clients'.

:wink:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

hemiallen
.204 Ruger Guns: 4-Rem 204's ,20vt one Sako-one Cooper, 17FB 17HH, 17JAVALENA

Post by hemiallen »

Keep up the encouraging picts Rick.

When we were in Alturas we saw a few "pull behind" elevated platforms and saw a few guys shooting out of the bed of their pickups. In Ca it is reported to be illegal if the tow rig is connected mechanically to a vehicle with an engine, IE DFG says you need to unhook from the truck. I suspect being elevated is a huge advantage later in the season.

I hope tomorrow is a good day to shoot my work-up loads in a 17 fb I just swapped scopes on and only have shot one load from.

Allen
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

hemiallen wrote:Keep up the encouraging picts Rick.
Okay, here's another "elevated position", not quite a penthouse, but a great spot on a hill overlooking both prime squirrel and rock chuck habitat down your way. Nuthin' like a spot like this, a very accurate rifle with good glass, lots of proven handloads, and a target-rich environment to put a smile on a guys face:

Allen, lots of things illegal in CA compared to other places nearby. We shoot from our truck windows (private property), from the bed with our benches, from flatbed semi-trailers, fire engines, whatever elevates us to see the little buggers. Oregon it appears is much more friendly to riflemen.

Here's the "real penthouse"......a prime spot on a hill overlooking squirrel-rich fields below. Check out two of our guys and their benches talking to the rancher at the top of the hill. Compared to our usual elevated positions, this was 'nose-bleed' material. Just gotta watch out for the bovines. ;)

Hey, good luck with your 17FB....hope she works out well for the upcoming rat season. My Sako 17M4 thrives on H322, 25gr V-Max (or Bergers) and Rem 7.5's. Post a pic of yours in your "office" when she's done. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails