The Cooper MTV .204R is in my hands.

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Re: The Cooper MTV .204R is in my hands.

Post by Jim White »

Thanks for info Rick. I'm starting to eyeball scopes for the new VT, this set up being one of them. I like the looks of the 30mm tube w/40mm obj profile over the 50mm obj myself but too, the $$$ will come into play. I'll have to give Leupold a ring and find out the total cost of buying and sending in to modify or just buying it straight out from their custom shop. I did speak with them yesterday but didn't think to pop thi question. Does that knob have "zero-stop"?

J-Rat; No doubt that new rifle will shoot as good as it looks, can't wait to get my 20VT, it's been a long-time coming.
Great White North
.204 Ruger Guns: Tikka T3

Post by Great White North »

Jim it doesn't have a stop per say. You go out and zero the scope. Then you use an allen key on the turret. Once loose it will spin with out changing your settings. You line the 0 back up on the turret. Then when you adjust it all you have to do is return the turret to 0 and it will be back at your original settings. It works great.

Curtis
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Great White North wrote:It works great.
Jim, yes it does.......the M1 "zero reset" described by Curtis is exactly the same as Leupolds tartget turrets in that regard, except no caps to misplace or lose with the M1 series of adjustments. With a "come-up" cheat sheet, fast range/elevation adjustments can be made for excellent first-shot hit probability. It's the system you saw me using in the field on our last rat shoot.......works as advertised. :wink:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

WRT to adjusting the turret (zero), that sounds a lot like the adjustment(s) on the target turrets [minus the robust and turret cover]. The reason I bring it up, the Leupold REP mentioned "zero" stop on the CDS turret so thats why I was curious if the M1 knob had the same feature. It seems to me "zero" stop where the turret actually stops [that is what I'm envisioning] would be quite an asset. Of course, the draw back would be if you needed to adjust below the zero-stop it may-be problamatic, requiring the old "Caroilina Elevation/Kentucky-Windage" hold offs.

Jim