Sending a Savage 204 back Into Savage

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
204foxguy
.204 Ruger Guns: savage model 12 lrpv

Re: Sending a Savage 204 back Into Savage

Post by 204foxguy »

moorepower wrote:It is a common problem for the H&S Precision stocks. I have two of them and the .204 hit hard and the 6mmBR was real close. Fiberglass sands fairly easy. It was not worth my time to return.
WOW, so the name H&S PRECISION is a Mis-Nomer. No precision in the manufacture of the Stock?

If i had known that this was a problem i may of done something different.?? It's at savage now, i will have to wait to see if they put a different stock on it or what??

Savage LRPV 204 Ruger... Not cheap...would think they would validate the quality of the product befoer going out the door.
as this is the only one i have ever seen, this may be one that slipped thru their quality Checks, I would hope that is the case.

Foxguy
ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

Re: Sending a Savage 204 back Into Savage

Post by ryutzy »

Savages QC is poor. I sent a brand new savage m12 back and they rebarreled it and now it's fine. I've had some friends who had some issues also with their new guns. Their customer support is great though.
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable