Tell us about yourself...

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
madracer

Post by madracer »

stuart from Christchurch in New Zealand. Really enjoy my long range shooting, not quite at the range that some of the chaps on here are shooting at but still having fun. The terrain i shoot is normally steep which means few good rests to make the real long range shots
Got myself a remington xp100 in .204 and have got it shooting 1/2 inch groups at 100 yrds but id like to get it a bit better which is why im on here.
The animals im after in Nz are Rabbits, Hares, Possums, stoats and that kind af animals make a real mess of the wild life so im always happy to knock over one of those, wild cats and the one i enjoy the most would be wallabies. (if anybody doesnt know wat any of those are let me know and ill post a pic).
WCTHEMI

Post by WCTHEMI »

Just bought my 204 Ruger and am loving it. Picked up a Tikka T3 Super Varminter. On top sits a 5X15X50 A.O. Elite 3200. Great rifle, shoots awesome. Just putting the final touches on the sight in. I love hunting, shooting, and quadding, pretty much anything that gets me outside. I am a shift supervisor at a power generating station. The shift work provides me with many days of to enjoy my favorite hobbies.
Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Post by Gube »

Welcome aboard WCTHEMI. I do a lot of bowhunting around Whitecourt. Nice area. You'll find lots of info here in regards to the 204. The best site that I've ever found.
Savage Vaporizer
Iamsignal3

Hola

Post by Iamsignal3 »

Was thinking about a new vermin gun as I have enough loudenboomers in the inventory. Had a blue Encore from way back with a 15" 7mm 08 barrel collecting dust. Ebay'd off the barrel, scope, grips and other stuff and bought a .204 26" SS barrel for it. Was lurking around here deciding to get the .204 or the .17 Fireball, think I made the right choice, but I am smitten with the 17 idea.
Married and have 3 older kids from another marriage and two step kids now that keep me pretty busy. Did 20 in the army and after 9 years of being retired I am back in college. Actually being a building contractor got me into college, body just can not take crawling around all day anymore. I can clearly see the 1/2 century mark on the calendar from where I am now. Been shooting since I can remember and enjoy working on the Remington 700 platform as a hobby. Have hunted in Germany, Panama, and just about everywhere in between. Love to reload and my 8 year old sweetie helps with a big smile, so all is right in my world as she now is asking to go and shoot some of her handy work. Hope someday to get out of N.E. Michigan and get back out west, spent a few years in Kansas and loved it. NRA lifer.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

WELCOME TO ALL YOU NEW GUYS Hopefully we can help you and vice versa, while playing with the .204s. It's a cooperative effort, and we welcome anything you can come up with, too. We're all in this together, after all.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
headspace

New from Colorado

Post by headspace »

Recently bought one of the shot show special Browning SSA Stainless A-bolts in 204 because the gun safe was full and enjoy the challenge of trying to get one more gun stuffed inside. Will point the gun when Zeiss ships me the new 6.5 X 20 Conquest with the Rapid Z reticle. Been reloading for 20+ years, mostly for hunting, but still managed to wear out a few barrels somehow. This past spring took my son back home (Texas) on a hog / turkey hunt, and while we were there, he shot a 50 pound male coyote with the 22-250 at a lazered 330 yards. Come to find out, he gets real mad at coyotes. Looking forward to running in a new gun barrel, and reloading the 204. I have found this site and its members to be very informative. Now, how fast can I push 35 grain Bergers...........Hmmmmmmmm?
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Welcome to the Forum!! :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
foxwhistler
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington L.V.S.F

Post by foxwhistler »

Just thought id say hi.The names jamie and i live in wales.Started reading reports on the 204 a couple of years ago,and thought it would be a good round for fox shooting.I actually do about 80% of my fox control at night.
About a year ago decided to take the plunge and bought a remi LVSF.Definatly not been dissapointed and neither have the farmers.Cant think how this round can be improved upon for the shooting i do.Hoping to learn a lot more from you guys who have a lot more experience of this round than me.Thanks.
I only have to be lucky once,
the fox has to be lucky every time!
aussiemick

Post by aussiemick »

Michael Roberts From Australia Just got my Ruger 204 will be Busting Bunnies next week. Had it at the range on the week end and i am very impressed
Hope to pick up a few tips from here and maybe next year get there for a PD hunt

Cheers Mick.
WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

Welcome to the forum aussiemick and foxwhistler. Always nice to hook up with shooters form other countries.
creekwalkr
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 single shot synthetic stock

Post by creekwalkr »

I'm 25, married for 5 years with a 2 yr old boy. I've been shooting the 204 for 4yrs. I do a good bit of bow hunting and squirel hunting. I'm trying to move more into coyotes, but the wife does her best to keep me on the "Honey Do" list.

I enjoy shooting any firearm, especially the 204 and 45 acp. I'm up for any challenge (like to tinker) and believe that nothing is impossible.

I don't know everything, but I'll tell ya what I've done that has worked or not worked.

I strongly stand behind the 204 and I'm always amazed at what the caliber is capable of.

Enjoy, and thanks to all for their knowledge.
"All I need is ONE GOOD SHOT . . ."
ivanimal

Post by ivanimal »

Hello all, Ivan here fron CA grew up in San Francisco hunted all of my life and now live in the east bay area with my wife and 12 year old son. My favorite varmint rifle has always been the Remington 591/592 in 5MM rem mag. I still have quite a bit of ammo for those rifles but its drying up. I was excited when the 17's came out and love shooting them. However I missed the explosiveness of the 38 grain little hollow point. I read all about the 204 Ruger and knew I would own one some day. As it happens I was able to get a good deal on an AR upper in 204 with freefloating handgaurds and a bull barrel. It came complete with a Bushnell Banner dawn to dusk scope and riser. I am looking forward to a day in the field with the rifle.
We will not be home in time for dinner.
BrianW

Post by BrianW »

Well, I'm Brian. I have lurked here for about a year. I am 48 and live in Bowling Green, Ky married with 2 boys 24 and 20. I have been into hunting and shooting since I was a kid and have been into reloading for 25+ years. I love burning powder wether in a shotgun, rifle, or pistol shooting paper or hunting. I love them all from 5mm Remington up. I have 2 rifles in 204, one a light barrel carry rifle and a heavy barrel varmint rifle. I would love to move out west but haven't been able to talk the wife into it yet. She's a city girl. I moved to Ky from Ashtabula, Oh. That's in the very northeast corner of Ohio. You either run into lake Erie or the state of Pa. I have learned so much about the 204 from this site, and for that I thank you all!!! :hail: :hail:

If I can be of help to any of you I'm just an email away.
HogPopper

Post by HogPopper »

Howdy all. I have to tell you all up front, I don't have a 204. Yet! I hope to learn enough about them this summer and fall, and make a purchase this winter. My winter project you might say. So, I may ask some silly questions from time to time.

Aside from that, I am a 45 year old Pennsylvanian who is involved in the sport of whistlepiggin'. From what I see, the 204 is quite possibly the ultimate hoggin' rifle. I am married and have 2 girls. My other hobbies include, Call making (predator & turkey), Benchrest , Hunting, Calling fur, and of course reloading. I was AA in Trap with a 23 yd Handicap until I was sidelined with hip problems. I miss that sport. I am planning a coyote hunt for this Oct in New Mexico. Pumped up for that! I am looking forward to being a part of this forum. Thanks for making a place to hang out and talk 204,R.J.
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

HogPopper wrote:My winter project you might say. So, I may ask some silly questions from time to time.
The only silly questions are the ones that get asked after the purchase. ;)

Welcome aboard!