Tell us about yourself...

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
sharps45-120
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber 84M .204 Ruger

Re: Tell us about yourself...

Post by sharps45-120 »

Hi, My name is Jerry, I have been a Life Member of N.R.A since 1969 when I first started reloading. I am 66 years young. I am addicted to shooting very small groups with my firearms. It started when my dad bought me a Sheridan 5MM Pump pellet rifle. I used thumbtacks on plywood & boards for target. with pracice I would hit them every time off hand in our back yard. I long since have gotten the varmint bug & cartridge guns. I've shot Gray Diggers , Deer, and game birds in California until I moved to Oregon in 1979. Oregon proved to be a much better place to hunt & shoot. I now shoot Sage Rats (Miriam Ground Squirrels - I think) with impunity. Rock Chucks when I can find them out & Jack Rabbits. Coyotes & Badgers when possible. My newest aquisition was a Kimber in 204 Ruger. I have worked up a load that groups 3 shots at 100 yds in .236". It is with a 35gr HP Berger and 27.6 grains of IMR8208XBR powder, Nosler Brass cases & R/P benchrest Primers. I love reloading & helping others learn to reload & make their rifles shoot better. Retired & have more to do now than when I was full time emplayed. Good Shooting everyone.
rambilt
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

Post by rambilt »

Hello to everybody from Central Texas!! My name is Rick, 58 years old, Army retired and currently working as a Govenrment contractor. Got interested in shooting 4 years ago when I saw and read about the little 17HMR bullet. It fascinated me so I bought my first rifle ever at Walmart in 17HMR a Marlin 917... I have more guns now since then and my newest purchase is a CZ 527 Varmint Kevlar in 204. I was looking for information about the CZ and the 204 bullet but I can't seem to find any. So I googled for more info and I stumbled into this site... I'll probably just be punching holes on paper target then maybe when I get good enough I'll take on a Praire dog hunt. For now, I just want to know more about the 204 and hopefully more about the CZ-527.

v/r
Rick
bazz
.204 Ruger Guns: tikka

Post by bazz »

WELCOME sharps and rambilt theres a ton of info on the 204 here and if you cant find answers just ask they are a friendly bunch here cheers bazz
Cramer06
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by Cramer06 »

Cramer06 from Oklahoma here. Been hunting for about 10 years with a gun. That progressed into serious bowhunters a few years ago. Started reloading a couple years ago and got my first AR15. Getting more into reloading and starting to scratch the surface of not-so-common cartridges. Starting a savage collection and that's why I'm here. I'm looking for a barrel to build my first .204 from a Stevens 200 .223. Then I'll be looking for load data and then I'll be posting pics of dead targets and animals!

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2
Bodei
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa Mod 1500 24" BBL .204R; Cooper M21 20 VT; CZ 527 17HH

Post by Bodei »

Welcome and lots of good info on here for what you need.
K = ½mv2
vmaster59
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527

Post by vmaster59 »

I have been varmint hunting for about 40 years. I'm from West TX. Just got a CZ 527 in 204 Ruger. Been shooting Hornady 32 gr. V-Max fac. load.
Good looking site. Glad to be here.

Clint
-----------------CLICK HERE-----------------
E5B
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 American

Post by E5B »

Started going with my Dad on hunts at 4 years old. Been hooked ever since. I only get back to West Tx once every 3-4 years. Going again in three weeks. Looking forward to it. I have a CZ 527 American that I've dropped a lot of critters with (factory amm)....now starting to work up my own load for it.

Lots of good info on here and I look forward to becoming one of the regulars.
Semper Fi
vmaster59

Post by vmaster59 »

E5B welcome to the forum. Where bouts in West TX.?

Semper Fi

Clint
E5B
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 American

Post by E5B »

Ft Davis.

I've lived in Pecos and Marfa as well.
Semper Fi
vmaster59

Post by vmaster59 »

I live in Monahans. Maybe we can hook up sometime.

Clint
smitty55
.204 Ruger Guns: savage 25 walking varmint

Post by smitty55 »

My name is Jim live in NY state around the PA border. I hunt Turkeys and deer, but I am hooked on groundhogs. I have savage rifles,have not had a bad one yet,rifles range from 22 - 6br, i bought the 204 light weight varminter to just fill in the gaps between the 223 and 6br, after shooting it , it has made a jump to the top of the list. This site has helped me get started with the 204, I enjoy the site and the people greatley.
vmaster59

Post by vmaster59 »

Welcome to the site smitty55.

Clint
NSWVarminter
.204 Ruger Guns: Winchester .243

Post by NSWVarminter »

Greetings up and around there from down under over here. Thought i would quickly introduce myself. Have been a avid reader of the forum for some time but always forgetting to sign up until now. Have been a keen shooter for over a decade and currently enjoying firing small bullets at fast speeds at small unwanted Australian vermin.

My current varmint set up and go to gun is a Winchester .243 spitting some feral zapping 55grain Varmageddon handloads topped with a reliable 4-16x40 Tasco WC. Overkill i know, But thinking of adding an additional fast calibre to the arsenal shortly which i will be seeking the advice of the forum no doubt (Should i get a .204 anyone???)

I look forward to contributing to the forum as well as learning from the various top class varminters on this site.
Great White North
.204 Ruger Guns: Tikka T3

Post by Great White North »

Hello from Manitoba. New .204 owner and new to reloading. I look forward to learning lots. I look forward to getting out and working up some loads for my Tikka T3. Hopefully it will warm up soon. -34 C yesterday before the wind chill.

Curtis
Sth Oz Dan
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Post by Sth Oz Dan »

Welcome aboard Curtis. I'm sure you'll enjoy that Tikka. Let us know how it goes when you get some warmer weather