Electronic ear muffs

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
majcl5

Electronic ear muffs

Post by majcl5 »

What kind does everybody like i have some peltors but my sons are bad and need some new ones?
May Your Barrels Be Hot & Your Smiles Plentiful
Rem 700 VLSS .204
akpls
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 77, Savage 11, Mossberg MVP, AR x 2

Re: Electronic ear muffs

Post by akpls »

I just picked up a pair of Caldwell's for my daughter that were on sale at SW for less than $30. Haven't had a chance to see how they do yet. And they were........pink!
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

A few years ago, I purchased a pair of Peltor 6S ear muffs from Midway. Right out of the box they were garbage!!! :mad: I called Midway and talked to one of gals, That is one of the family. She is also an avid shooter. She recommended a pair of Peltor 7s because that is the model she uses. I have been using them ever since, and would recommend them to anyone looking for muffs for hearing protection. When I purchased them the cost was $125.00. That was maybe 6 yrs ago. As for myself, if I had to buy another pair of muffs, it would be the Peltor 7s model. Our hearing is one of the most important senses we have and it needs to be protected. When I was introduced to hunting and shooting, some 50+ yrs ago, hearing protection was not understood at the time and my hearing has suffered greatly. Whichever brand or type of protection you decide on, as for me, get the best you can afford.
HTH
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
inKYfromSD
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 varmint .204, Cooper Model 21 20 VarTarg

Post by inKYfromSD »

I bought two pair of the Caldwells a while back when they were on sale at Midway. They didn't last very long. Volume controls became very difficult to turn on/off. Returned them and got Howard Leight's instead. They've been great. I use foam plugs in addition to the muffs when shooting big calibers and I make the kids do the same.
sharps45-120
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber 84M .204 Ruger

Post by sharps45-120 »

I bought 3 sets of CABELAS electronic muffs, 1 pairs on/off switch went belly up after 5 or 6 uses, The other two are working ok thus far.
M1 Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Predator,LRPV and Vartarg

Post by M1 Mike »

I've had a set of Howard Leight for about 5 years and like them a lot.
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

I have;

- A pair of Reltors that go around your neck, vice over the head, not sure of the Model #. These work great outdoors but under cover/inside with highpower rifles, they're not so good.

- A pair of Howard Lights. Work great and can shoot scoped rifles with them w/o interference from the stock.

- Two pairs of Dillon, they work great too but when shooting a rifle/shotgun, there is some stock/ear muff interference.

HTH