I did a very bad thing

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
SactoBill
.204 Ruger Guns: None

I did a very bad thing

Post by SactoBill »

Hi new to the forum. Just posted about buying a new Cooper M38 in 20VT in the Centerfire section.

I went to the local gun store at lunch looking for primers to reload for the 20VT and I see a Ruger #1V in 204. I've always like the #1's so I asked to see it. The salesman hands it to me an then checks the price tag and says "it's on sale for $679". Brand new ...SOLD!!!!!!

Man I am in so much trouble if my wife found out. I just couldn't pass up a brand new #1V for $679.

Now I have to pick out a scope and research loads. I get to pick her up in 10 days.

I have to stop visiting this forum or that divorce lawyer is going to cost me. :)
csand
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Firearms

Re: I did a very bad thing

Post by csand »

I have to stop visiting this forum or that divorce lawyer is going to cost me. :)
A 20VT and a 204 in a weeks time :eek: I'm sorry buddy, you can't un-ring this bell.

Just convince the wife that the 20VT is hers and you will borrow it sometime (most of the time) and you'll be all right.

By the way, any trouble you get in will pale in comparison to the pleasure you get from these rifles. Congratulations!

Cal
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

Bill, you got it bad! Good news is, you got two of the finest 20 caliber cartridges around. If you were not on Ricks' radar before, you certainly are now! Hear tell he knows all the ins and outs in regards to accurizing Ruger #1's. For the health of your marriage, you may want to stay out of the gun shops for awhile. None of my business, of course but, maybe, say like not before February 1st? :)
SactoBill

Post by SactoBill »

Yeah I'm getting real good at hiding these purchases. Honestly I was just trying to get some primers. Really...
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

Well, heck! Sounds like it was the store that is at fault. They should have had those primers! That sounds like a perfectly defensible position to me!
Bodei
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa Mod 1500 24" BBL .204R; Cooper M21 20 VT; CZ 527 17HH

Post by Bodei »

I'll trade you some primers for that Ruger... nice catch, I've been on the lookout for one at a deal and so far no luck.
K = ½mv2
SactoBill

Post by SactoBill »

I just got lucky and was at the right place at the right time. I wouldn't have bought it at full price but when the sales guy said $679 I just couldn't help myself.
sharps45-120
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber 84M .204 Ruger

Post by sharps45-120 »

Good job, Now I would suggest you stay out of Gun shops until after Feb 14th, Valentines Day.
SactoBill

Post by SactoBill »

But I can't. My pickup date for the #1 is on 2/10! :) oh boy I'm gonna really be in trouble.
Joe O
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV,Ruger K1V,G2 Contender

Post by Joe O »

SactoBill wrote:I just got lucky and was at the right place at the right time. I wouldn't have bought it at full price but when the sales guy said $679 I just couldn't help myself.
Is that #1, a K1V ?? I have one and it's a blast.Ruger doesn't offer the SS varmint model in 204.any longer, (WHY?).So if it is the heavy barrel with grey laminate stock,you got a great buy.
smitty55
.204 Ruger Guns: savage 25 walking varmint

Post by smitty55 »

how long you been married??? for my 10th anniversary i told her i looked it up for what i should get her for the ten year anniverdsary and i swore it said fiberglass, so I got her a new boat!!! Not sure where Ruger falls on the anniversay list but iam sure it is there. Iam closing in on number forty, so iam thinking getting her somthing practical hummmm like a practical 20!!!!! good luck
broper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 sps

Post by broper »

Once, years ago when I was married, I bought my wife a new Rem. 1100, 28 ga. for her birthday. (she didn't shoot) Just about caused a divorce right then. But, she's long gone and I still have the shotgun, which turned out to be one of my favorites.
SactoBill

Post by SactoBill »

Joe O wrote:
SactoBill wrote:I just got lucky and was at the right place at the right time. I wouldn't have bought it at full price but when the sales guy said $679 I just couldn't help myself.
Is that #1, a K1V ?? I have one and it's a blast.Ruger doesn't offer the SS varmint model in 204.any longer, (WHY?).So if it is the heavy barrel with grey laminate stock,you got a great buy.
Yes it's the stainless heavy barrel with grey laminate stock. I was really surprised at the price but I didn't argue. :D
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

I am going shopping for primers too, small pistol, but after reading this post, maybe I should just stay home! Oh heck with that, if I see a gun I want, I only have to answer to myself. It only takes money, right! :wink:
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
RowdyYates
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington LVSF, Cooper M21V, C-Z 527 Kevlar V

Post by RowdyYates »

To paraphrase a couple other posters:
"If a man buys a gun and his wife wasn't there to see it, did he really buy a gun?" ;)
Or, "I sure hope my wife doesn't sell my guns for what she thinks I paid for them". :(