Lost My Shooting Buddy

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
jrwoitalla
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

Lost My Shooting Buddy

Post by jrwoitalla »

I haven't posted here in a while. Just thought I'd share that one of my best friends and shooting buddies recently died. I met him on a rimfire bb about 12 years ago. Turned out to be not only a great shooting buddy but one of the best friends a person could ask for. I called up his house a couple of days ago to see if he wanted to meet me out at one of our favorite shooting spots. His wife answered the phone. She let me know he passed back in January, that she was too torn up to let me know. I myself am still hurting pretty badly, I don't know if I can go out there on account of I might get too lonely now. Just thought I'd share with ya'll that this sport can do more than just be something fun, it can forge friendships that last a lifetime. If you got any friends like that, don't take em for granted.
The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason- Benjamin Franklin
Joe O
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV,Ruger K1V,G2 Contender

Re: Lost My Shooting Buddy

Post by Joe O »

My heart goes out to you.A good friend and shooting buddy is the most important "equipment"any shooter can have.Far more important than all the guns
and related equipment you may own.My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Nor Cal Mikie
.204 Ruger Guns: None. Had a 16" barreled rear grip SP that was WAY too wild.

Post by Nor Cal Mikie »

Sorry to hear of your loss. Sounds like you need to pop a few rounds at one of your favorite shooting spots. He will be there in Spirit, probably waiting for you? ;)
Kingcrawler
.204 Ruger Guns: Thompson Encore prohunter

Post by Kingcrawler »

Sorry for the loss of your friend. You need to get back out there though, I'm sure your friend would want you out there puttin rounds down range.
savageboy23
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 sps varmint

Post by savageboy23 »

Sorry for the loss of your shooting buddy. I don't want to take away from your post but I myself had a loss back in November. My aunt passed away on the operating table in a complicated surgery. She left behind 2 children. Her son(my cousin was 15) my brother and I took him shooting at our grandparents and it was a complete change of mood for him. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Don't give up the sport.
Remington 700 sps varmit with Leupold vx-3 6.5-20 adj objective HS Precision stock and timney trigger
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Sorry for your loss, bud; I feel your pain.

Two of my best shooting buddies have also gone to the Happy Hunting Ground, along with my dad. Elk camp will never be the same again. Keep your buddy's memory alive by always thinking of him while your afield, and his spirit will always be with you.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

flys low
.204 Ruger Guns: None

Post by flys low »

Sorry.
sharps45-120
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber 84M .204 Ruger

Post by sharps45-120 »

Sorry to hear you lost a good friend. I also have had this happen, It is not the same heading out without them. God Bless and hope you find another good shooting friend or one finds you.
Nor Cal Mikie
.204 Ruger Guns: None. Had a 16" barreled rear grip SP that was WAY too wild.

Post by Nor Cal Mikie »

This is a "VERY GOOD REASON" to, when you find a True Blue friend, stick to Him/Her like glue, keep in close contact and do things together. Might be that's what THEY need also?
GOOD FRIENDS are hard to find.
Lost one a couple of years back and I think of him OFTEN. Still miss the good times. Killing a pot of coffee and trying to out lie each other. It's the little things that count. At least He's with me in spirit. :wink:
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

I can understand your feelings and loss. In years past, if had two very close friends that I hunted with in Ca, Or and NV. One was one of the Chief's of Police I worked under. The other was a local Game Warden. Both, after they retired before I did passed away within three years. I, being older, lost the one's I hunted with mainly out of state, so out of state hunts stopped. Some will understand. We and you will have many fond memories of your trips and outings together to reflect on. Bill K
bow shot
.204 Ruger Guns: Rock River Arms AR-15 Varminter
Location: Central NY: infested with liberal wack-jobs and their damage

Post by bow shot »

Looks like lots of us have been there too...

Hey, maybe if you go to your shooting place you'll be the kind of buddy to someone new that your friend that passed was to you. Treasure waiting to be discovered maybe...
TucoTom
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper M21

Post by TucoTom »

It hurts....Sorry for your loss.
cracker

Post by cracker »

Just like you I have not been here for awhile, sorry for your loss. I lost a shooting buddy on Christmas eve, he was only 40 to a heart attack. We now have a day at the range with all his friends in his honor, we give him the 21 gun salute. Also since he died of a heart attack we are going to be raffling off a firearm to raise money for the American heart assc. in his name. not only was Joel a good shooting buddy but also a true PATRIOT WHO STOOD STRONG FOR THE SECOND AMENDMENT. Go shoot and keep him alive in your good memories.
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker