Remington Arms moving?

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Remington Arms moving?

Post by Ray P »

I heard that Remington is pulling out of Illion NY and relocating. :huh: Anyone else hear this or can confirm what I heard or is it gossip.
Thanks for and replies.
Keep shooting straight and posting your adventures and pics of new toys.
God Bless All.

Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
chuckhunter
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 25 thumbhole, Savage Model 12

Re: Remington Arms moving?

Post by chuckhunter »

If they do I do not blame them one bit...New York State SUCKS.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

There was a news report that said they were finally leaving NY state due to the recent change in the states gun laws, etc. I heard they were going to set up in another state. Can not locate the article to be more specific. But am glad Remington finally is joining some others, that closed shop and moved over the Governor's gun laws.. Remington's move will caused something like 2000 to lose their jobs, unless they can or do move with the company and also look at the tax revenue NY will loose.. Bill K
TrapperDan
.204 Ruger Guns: remington 700 204,cz 527 american 204

Post by TrapperDan »

Last I heard was 14 th of feb. Here is a copy of the article !

"High level sources have informed Yellowhammer News that Remington, one of the world’s largest gun manufacturers, will on Monday join Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley in announcing that they are bringing over 2,000 jobs to Alabama.

The company is viewing the move into Alabama as an expansion, but it will likely impact their Ilion, NY plant as well. The New York facility currently employees around 1,200 people. It is expected to stay open, but with a reduced workforce.

“The company is making the move as an expansion of capacity, production and research,” a source told Yellowhammer on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly. “The demand for Remington products has skyrocketed recently, for obvious reasons, so they need to increase their production capacity. They will be expanding their research capabilities with the Alabama plant, too.”
Wolves . ISIS of the animal world