face lift on site

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

face lift on site

Post by Bill K »

Like the looks of it, but will take a little getting used to, Seems a little slower to me, but that may because of the new look, etc. :) Bill K :D
PaPopGunShooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77

Re: face lift on site

Post by PaPopGunShooter »

Light gray text on the white back round makes it more difficult to read. Needs more contract between the two.
oldfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger American Predator

Post by oldfox »

PaPopGunShooter wrote:Light gray text on the white back round makes it more difficult to read. Needs more contract between the two.
X2...hard to read with these old eyes :)
TrapperDan
.204 Ruger Guns: remington 700 204,cz 527 american 204

Post by TrapperDan »

Why did you even have to mess with it? Nothing wrong with the way it was.
Wolves . ISIS of the animal world
Tarrin
.204 Ruger Guns: AR

Post by Tarrin »

Thanks for the feedback, I'll work on making it easier on the 'more mature' eyes... :D

In the meantime, you can change the style to the default 'prosilver' in the control panel if the text is unbearable.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Tarrin.. I like it now, as I am getting it, you changed it fine, now to me anyway. Even with old eyes and glasses. Bill K
oldfox

Post by oldfox »

Tarrin wrote:Thanks for the feedback, I'll work on making it easier on the 'more mature' eyes... :D

In the meantime, you can change the style to the default 'prosilver' in the control panel if the text is unbearable.
Much better :D
SShooterZ
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint - Savage 12 w/ Custom PacNor 1:11

Post by SShooterZ »

Tarrin wrote:Thanks for the feedback, I'll work on making it easier on the 'more mature' eyes... :D

We just did the same with upgrade with http://www.burntpowder.com/forum/index.php

If you need any input or assistance with the design or format, just holler.

I know it is "new" for some folks and that can be worrisome but for running the forum and the functionality that comes with the upgrade, it is a really nice new version of the software. Lots of new functionality built in and the ability to customize is much easier. They also added some security features so you have less of a chance of being hacked and your username/passwords being taken. It just takes some times to update all the styles and formats. I'm sure Tarrin will get it there. :)
Tarrin

Post by Tarrin »

SShooterZ wrote:
We just did the same with upgrade with http://www.burntpowder.com/forum/index.php

If you need any input or assistance with the design or format, just holler.
Thanks SShooterZ,
That's a good looking site you got going.

Yes I love the update, but unfortunately the style the site was using isn't compatible anymore. But it's still worth it.
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

I don't like it!. I agree with the other comments about being hard to read, because of being older and having problems reading what is posted. I did change my setting back to prosilver, without much help! I have noticed that there are a lot of older people using the site, including myself. I am not a computer guy, but can you explain why the print has to be this small. Just to write this has been a real PITA!
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
Tarrin

Post by Tarrin »

futuretrades wrote:I don't like it!. I agree with the other comments about being hard to read, because of being older and having problems reading what is posted. I did change my setting back to prosilver, without much help! I have noticed that there are a lot of older people using the site, including myself. I am not a computer guy, but can you explain why the print has to be this small. Just to write this has been a real PITA!
Sorry about that! I just changed the text size up a few notches. Let me know if that helps, or if bigger would be better.
PaPopGunShooter

"Tarrin"]
futuretrades wrote:I don't like it!. I agree with the other comments about being hard to read, because of being older and having problems reading what is posted. I did change my setting back to prosilver, without much help! I have noticed that there are a lot of older people using the site, including myself. I am not a computer guy, but can you explain why the print has to be this small. Just to write this has been a real PITA!
Sorry about that! I just changed the text size up a few notches. Let me know if that helps, or if bigger would be better.[/quote]

I do like the larger text, now the text needs to be darker ! " darn old eyes" :eek:
csand
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Firearms

Post by csand »

A quick way to change the text size is hold the "Ctrl" key and scroll the wheel on your mouse or press the "+" key to enlarge or "-" key to decrease.
oldfox

Post by oldfox »

csand wrote:A quick way to change the text size is hold the "Ctrl" key and scroll the wheel on your mouse or press the "+" key to enlarge or "-" key to decrease.
Excellent! Works great! Thanks! :D
PaPopGunShooter

oldfox wrote:
csand wrote:A quick way to change the text size is hold the "Ctrl" key and scroll the wheel on your mouse or press the "+" key to enlarge or "-" key to decrease.
Excellent! Works great! Thanks! :D
Mucha better , THANKS