Cooper Model 21 chamber

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Travelor
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper and Remington custom

Re: Cooper Model 21 chamber

Post by Travelor »

Rick, that's pretty tough on an old guy. I'll refrain from any added postings.

Main reason for the posting was to give potential or current Cooper owners a heads up on my Cooper repair experience. But yes, I'm very frustrated.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Travelor: Look at it this way....we're all old (well, most of us here), and it's always tough when a firearm or other personal item is away for repairs or modifications and it doesn't come back when we expect. I've waited over two years for rifles to come back from custom smiths, and during that time the frustration level was high. But posting that frustration ad nauseum does no one any good, and most do not enjoy reading such posts. Try to turn that frustration into enthusiastic anticipation, and you'll have a much better outlook.

Don't hesitate to post, in fact post away, just try to keep upbeat and consider that when your rifle comes back, the wait will soon be forgotten when you're inspecting those bug-hole groups on your target. THEN shoot us a post with that target so we'll all see how that new barrel shoots. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

My only complaint in regards to Cooper Firearms is that I don't have more of them! Travellor, I sure would not want to be in your shoes. Nobody enjoys waiting in a situation such as this. However, I have no doubt Cooper is doing the best they can for you. There are any number of reasons that could explain the amount of time that has elapsed. I just can't for the life of me believe that they are not doing right by you. If this experience has soured you on Cooper, I am sure you can have this rifle sold before you even get it back. Just one of the nice things of being a Cooper, you know...
Travelor

Post by Travelor »

Rick, point taken.

Ramos, if nothing else I am rather stubborn and will keep the 204 when it comes back if it shoots well. If it does not, I will sell it with the stipulation that the buyer knows the results I was getting with it.
RAMOS

Post by RAMOS »

Travelor wrote:Rick, point taken.

Ramos, if nothing else I am rather stubborn and will keep the 204 when it comes back if it shoots well. If it does not, I will sell it with the stipulation that the buyer knows the results I was getting with it.

I have ABSOLUTELY ZERO doubt that you will be pleased with the accuracy that rifle is capable of upon its' return. Hang in there, man!!!
Travelor

Post by Travelor »

Wonder of wonders. I actually got an update on my 204 Cooper. Barreling is complete and it is at range for accuracy testing before returning. Thanks Shirley!
RAMOS

Post by RAMOS »

That sounds good! You'll be back in the saddle PDQ!!!
521dvx
.204 Ruger Guns: #1Savage 12LRPV , Ruger #1 , Ruger Hawkeye Predator

Post by 521dvx »

Thanks for the update, Looking forward to you accuracy report. Glad its working out.