Took Grandson shooting

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
brooksb
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M12 FV

Took Grandson shooting

Post by brooksb »

left early to avoid the recent Ca. heat as much as possible to Lassen County and had my Grandboy Bodhi shoot squeakers for the first time, I've taken him the the range whenever he visits so he knew the basics. He hammered them with my .17 at 80 to a little over 100 yrds, we didn't get to the Alfalfa fields till almost 0745 and he scored 25 before squirrels decided to get out of the heat. the shooting could have been better but a lot of the alfalfa was cut and in rows so there they weren't very visible and with the heat the fields where the alfalfa was baled the wheel lines and pivots were going full on, anyway that's our excuse.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Took Grandson shooting

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Well there, Mr. Brooks, sounds like a very good time with your grandson in the rat patch. It only takes one or two trips with a young-un to set the fever. From there, it's "can we go again Grandpa?" My own grandson is also addicted now, thanks to efforts by both myself and his dad.

But next time you're out, be sure to take a camera for some pics of the fun. As they say on internet forums....."No pics, it didn't happen"......

Thanks for sharing the adventure. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

brooksb

Post by brooksb »

thanks, Rick, I do have several pics of him shooting, last time I posted pics on Practical rifle forum it was a pain so didn't even try...maybe reconsider though.
brooksb

Post by brooksb »

OK, I had a photo bucket account, guess it wasn't that hard. This Is Bodhi 12 yrs old from Quincy Ca. shooting in Bieber. Thanks to Organic Alfalfa farmers there are still plenty of places to shoot.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Nice! Looks like you've now got a lifetime shootin' pardner! :D

What's he shooting there? Looks like it could be a CZ in 22LR or 17HMR with a ten round magazine. I see he's shooting off a RASS; are those now discontinued? Have not seen them advertised for some time now.

I wish all the alfalfa farmers here and in N.CA would go the organic route and dispense with the killer poison cabbage. More than one ranch here has been completely spoiled by that crap, now not a squirrel in sight. Good for the farmers, very dismal for us.

Thanks for posting the pic and "proving it DID happen". :wink:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

brooksb

Post by brooksb »

that's the CZ 455 combo 22/17, the 17 ammo is way more costly, but I rarely use the 22 and just switch between the 17 and 204.
Yes, they are discontinued, I won that one in a silent auction in 2000, and I have a second one I bought from "Varmint Hunter" a member on this site. When my brother and I were in Modoc Co shooting the week before last a group pulled into where we were staying and had 5 RASS mounted on two trailers, so I'm not the only believer.
GunnScott
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by GunnScott »

"Took Grandson shooting"

Yup, "start 'em young," as they say. Looks like he was having fun as well. :)
brooksb

Post by brooksb »

yes, and because our party isn't drawn for Montana I'll be taking him buck hunting this year. My stress and it's a big one with the grandson is there are so many other activities to divide his attentions, and with vid games, there are instant gratifications the fishing apps the fish are always biting and there is a constant parade of big bucks in the cross hairs in the hunting apps. We only live an hour & a half away but I should live a lot closer, but luckily hunting and fishing is a big deal in his town.