To All Users

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Tarrin
.204 Ruger Guns: AR

Re: To All Users

Post by Tarrin »

I'm sorry I didn't see this thread until now.

I have been working non-stop this past week to try to get the false users out of the system. Problem is, they just keep coming. I am doing everything I can. I plan on having everything back to normal this week.

I ask for your patience. I only place a few ads so that the hosting fees come out even. The only reward I get for the hours spent keeping this site up is the loyalty of the good people on here.

I appreciate the feedback. I have temporarily disabled registration until the problem can be fixed. Please email me at tarrin@204ruger.com if you would like to sign up this week. I will post an update when everything is fixed.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Thank you Tarrin, for anything you can do too stop the nuts. Bill K
triggerfingers
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper MTV 204 Ruger, Savage 12 LRPV 20 VT, Cooper MTV 6x45

Post by triggerfingers »

Thank you so much Tarrin.
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

Thanks and FWIW, every time I login I get a Window that pops up that reads that this login connection isn't secure.

HTH,

Jim
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Thank you Tarrin for cleaning up the forum that was being destroyed by foreign nationals spamming every post we had here. Your efforts are very much appreciated for getting us back on track.

Thanks to you and your dad for providing this forum for our family of small caliber shooters, and for all the maintenance you do to keep it running daily.

I'm putting my moderator hat back on, and it will be a pleasure to open the forum daily and not see trash posts and spam from these cretins. Now we can once again chat about our favorite subject! :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Tarrin

Post by Tarrin »

I apologize for the intermittent connection any of you may have been experiencing the last few days because of updates being applied to the site.

To my knowledge, all of the spam has been deleted from the forum. If you find any now, or in the future, please email me, PM me, or contact me using the link at the bottom of the page.

The site now uses Google's latest reCAPTCHA service, which should keep the russian hooligans away. However, I don't know any russian hackers personally to test it on, so keep a wary eye. The site will also be receiving an SSL certificate for https later this week.

The lesson I learned from this is the importance of good moderators. If it wasn't for RIO and skipper's attentiveness, the hacker's could have done much more damage.

Many of the moderators have not signed on in years, making it more difficult for the others. During the next couple of weeks, I'll be rotating out moderators, and looking for new blood. If you would like to be a moderator, please contact me.

I also think it would be fun to do something for each moderator. Custom 204Ruger emails could be made, or put in a hat or shirt order? Let me know what you think.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Now what do I doo, if this question gets posted ? All I can seem to receive/open is the main page, then anything else I try, gives me a bunch of strange prints, that cover the info. Do I need to re-register ? Bill K
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Do not even begin to ask what and how I did it. stumbled around for half the night, this button, that button/key and all of a sudden "Wala" the page cleared and all seems back to normal.. Wish I was not such a PC nerd.. Bill K
randyman
.204 Ruger Guns: .204 on AR platform, .20 Vartarg built from Rem. 700 SA

Post by randyman »

Thanks for all the work you're doing to clear the site up. I was wondering why I was getting topic reply notifications lately and there wasn't anything new when I opened it. Randy.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Jim White wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:30 pm Thanks and FWIW, every time I login I get a Window that pops up that reads that this login connection isn't secure.

HTH,

Jim
After Terrin cleared the site up, I had no issues. Now this morning I also am getting this site in-secure and it will not open. However I google/search 204.Ruger and open that and up comes the site, with it showing me logged in and all. Guess as long as I can get on site, one way or the other, I will live with it. Bill K
Tarrin

Post by Tarrin »

You are right Bill.

Last night the site got a SSL certificate, meaning the site now connects through https:// instead of http://. This is a big step for making the site secure.

I have made the http forward to https, but your browser cache probably hasn't updated yet. Accessing the site through Google uses https.

So Bill, you can wait for your browser cache to update, you can clear your cache, or you can change your favorited url to https://204ruger.com.

This was the last step for updating the site. I'm sure it's been frustrating getting it to work, then finding out the next morning it's broken again. It's been a rollercoaster. As of now, nothing more will change so if you can get it to work now, you should be good for the foreseeable future.

As always, let me know if you have any more problems.
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Post by Silverfox »

Tarrin--Thanks for all the work you have put in to clean up the web site. It is very much appreciated. Thanks also goes out to the moderators. Good effort!!!
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox