Equifax Breach

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Tarrin
.204 Ruger Guns: AR

Equifax Breach

Post by Tarrin »

This has nothing to do with guns, other than the fact you won't be able to buy any more if your identity gets jacked...

Equifax had a breach that is apparently affecting up to 44 percent of Americans. I just checked, and my wife and I's information has been compromised along with a few of my other family member's.

You can check here: www.equifaxsecurity2017.com

They are also offering monitoring for one year for free at the end. Worth the few minutes to check.
204Nut
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 FCV

Re: Equifax Breach

Post by 204Nut »

I'm very skeptical of this site. I don't like the idea of giving whoever's behind the site 6 digits of my SS #

Just my 2 cents
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

I am with you on that one. I went to the point of them wanting the six digits of SS#. No way Jose.. Bill K
Tarrin
.204 Ruger Guns: AR

Post by Tarrin »

I was kinda sketched out at first too. But I did my due diligence before forwarding the information. The url is given on CNN, Huffington Post, and Equifax's own site, to name a few. Rick Smith, CEO and Chairman of Equifax, has a video talking about it.

Still, I agree. Wondering if your information is compromised? Sure, give me all your information and I'll tell you... :chin:
MZ5
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye Predator

Post by MZ5 »

Maybe some of you who have been there can comment:

Is it true that some of the fine print (some of the terms or conditions) that you tacitly agree to, in order to find out whether your data was compromised, says that if you use that site then you cannot sue or otherwise claim damages against Equifax (or anyone else?)?
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

MZ5: Can't answer with any degree of certainty, but I've heard that exact same thing.......

This just shows us just how vulnerable we all are. :mad:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

MZ5
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye Predator

Post by MZ5 »

Yeah, the thing I REALLY dislike about the response to a whole array of significant data breaches is that they typically want MORE personal info, ostensibly to secure your account better. I always ask, either myself or them: Since you cannot keep any information about me to yourself, why in the world would it make me _more_ secure to give you _everything_ with which I could possibly prove my identity? That just makes zero sense.