CZ-527 Varmint Kevlar sure loves 39 blitz’s

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Didas42
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington sps Varmint

Re: CZ-527 Varmint Kevlar sure loves 39 blitz’s

Post by Didas42 »

robert w. wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:53 pm Didas42,just shuck them bucks out,you wont regret 204r in a cz
I’m just such a stubborn S.O.B. and have such a hang up about not buying an American made gun. I have a Rem. 700 sps varmint that honestly shoots better than I do. I will say this though, if I come across a 527 for a decent price I will have to pull the trigger. Especially if it’s a Kevlar Varmint. I’ll keep an eye out on gunbroker. There’s a .223 up now 👎🏼
robert w.
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger american preditor/cz527

Post by robert w. »

I was kinda that way till a friend let me shoot his cz 527 in 7.62x39.his needed open sights,newer 527s have them.it shot like a dream
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Didas42 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:54 pmI’m just such a stubborn S.O.B. and have such a hang up about not buying an American made gun.
Didas: Understand completely. I'm about as a rabid flag-waving gun-loving veteran you'll ever find, but if I shunned my Beretta O/U shotguns, my Sako, Anschutz, CZ and Browning (Miruko) rifles, I'd only be left with my Remchesters and the like....all good guns, but there's an entire world of fine rifles out there that you may never get to know being so stubborn. Ever spent any time behind a Sako Vixen varmint rifle? If so, it would change your mind in a heartbeat! :D

If you can, fondle and better yet, shoot a CZ 527 and I believe you may change your outlook on the matter. No, I'm almost positive you will. Every shooter here that has tried one has been very much impressed. Great accuracy, proven action, reasonable price and lots of aftermarket goodies for these neat rifles. :chin:

Ask me how my CZ 527 in 221FB shoots with it's sporter weight barrel. It just ain't fair! :eek:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

robert w.

Post by robert w. »

you discover the push foreward trigger that you set for benchrest shooting,and just normal pull set at hunting weight you set your way with creep and overtravel set nice your gonna say DARN WHY DIDNT I BUY THIS A LONG TIME AGO?
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

As long as we're talkin' CZ 527's, this is a test of the new forum pic posting feature, first time for me.

My 527 American in 221FB, wearing her Leupold VX2 4-12X LR AO 40mm scope in James Calhoon's 'Hunker' rings. Great little walkabout rifle for varmints of opportunity. The rifle also wears a stainless bolt handle from Brad at CustomReloadingTools.com and easily clears the bolt. It now wears a teardrop bolt knob instead of the 'tactical' shown in the pic.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=255

With Remington now in bankruptcy, and their QC down the tubes lately, the CZ rifles are sure a very good value for our money, and always seem to shoot lights out to boot.
Attachments
DSC_0026.JPG
DSC_0026.JPG (216.36 KiB) Viewed 716 times
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

Morning RIO. Is your friend still making the shooting bags?? Wish him best for me. Great product and well made.
Enjoy and looking forward to spring.

Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
robert w.

Post by robert w. »

my next bolt rifle will be a CZ. hate to see 1 only in my safe