Just got confirmation my ruger american is at ruger

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
robert w.
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger american preditor/cz527

Just got confirmation my ruger american is at ruger

Post by robert w. »

Wonder how long it will take to fix,scrap,or trash it?
It never fed right 4 magazines none helped,accurate to 100 yards n shots scattered bad at 150 yards n that was the same with 2 diffrent scopes.only way i usednit,i made a wood filler for the magazine n fed it single shot.
This kinda ends my good relationship with ruger.and i own 5 other rugers.but keep making them cheeper n they are sinking.
My ruger blackhawk dad bought new in 72 still works like it should sendin 45 colt rounds dead on,10 22 same ruger mk iii same mini 14 fine lcp fine too.
Anybody else see a cheepening in ruger quality ornis it just me?
ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

Re: Just got confirmation my ruger american is at ruger

Post by ryutzy »

My Ruger Predator in 243 initially did not feed well- Ruger sent me a new mag with a metal follower and it feeds great now
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable
robert w.

Post by robert w. »

my american came back worse than when it left.not mine anymore.traded it to gunstore n the dealer is going to haggle with ruger.its a big hassle to ship it n get it from where i live so im done with ruger.
glad yours is working fine now
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Robert. You will be much more satisfied by going this way, than playing around with Ruger and that particular rifle, and it's issues, for sure. A person could have re-barreled that action, but why spend that much more money on that rifle, when Ruger should have made it good ? Now you can look for another 204 Ruger cartridge in another rifle. I just order another one, but in the Howa 1500 and a #2 barrel contour, for a walk about. Have the barreled action coming, as I have a spare stock, that it will drop into. You might look into the Howa line also. I have three, so far, and they all have been good shooters. Bill K
robert w.

Post by robert w. »

i got that new cz 527.it was like getting out of a yugo and getting in a cadallac