mounts

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
ponyfarm
.204 Ruger Guns: savage model 12, ar15

mounts

Post by ponyfarm »

My first question. I am getting a cooper arms model 51. What height talley lt weight ring/mount combo do I need to mount a leupold vx3i 6.5x20 with a 40mm objective??? Tank you
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: mounts

Post by Rick in Oregon »

pony: The first answer is that you can use Low rings for a 40mm Leupold scope on a Cooper with nice low mounting with good objective to barrel clearance. This will give you a great cheek weld also. All my Cooper rat rifles wear that scope in Low ring sets, all are 40mm objectives.

Don't know what your second question is, as you did not list it......... :chin:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

ponyfarm
.204 Ruger Guns: savage model 12, ar15

Post by ponyfarm »

Rick. Thanks for the reply. That was my first post. I shoot an older savage 204 and an AR 204 amongst many other calibers. My addiction has led to ordering a Cooper arms MTV in 204. Model 51. 2-6 months lead time.(Oh the agony of waiting). Is there an accuracy difference between the repeater vs. single shot model 21. I wouldn't think it would be much with a small caliber round. Thank you. John. In Kalifornia
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

John, the single shot rifles hold a slight accuracy advantage over a repeater, due to the lack of a magazine cutout, thereby rendering the action quite a bit stiffer and resistant to the torque of the firing sequence. But rest assured, the accuracy of any Cooper repeater will completely satisfy your requirements....that is about certain. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails