twist for new Pac-nor

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
whistlepig51
.204 Ruger Guns: sako varmit

twist for new Pac-nor

Post by whistlepig51 »

Time to re-barrel the Sako 75 Varmint. Going to get a Pac-nor super match stainless. Shoot 32 v-max for rats and sometimes 39 BK's. Which twist do you all recommend?
Varmint Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: 204 Ruger Rem XR-100,20VT, 20SCC,20TAC. Cortez, CO

Re: twist for new Pac-nor

Post by Varmint Shooter »

Go with a 1 in 11 twist. I have 2 Pac-Nor barrels with 1 in 11 twist and both are very accurate with your mentioned bullet use.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Fully agree, for what you want and for good accuracy and all. Most are going with a 1/11 twist. And if you can get it there also, a 3 groove is very sweet and easier to maintain and clean. Bill K
whistlepig51
.204 Ruger Guns: sako varmit

Post by whistlepig51 »

Thanks
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

wistlepig51: My Silver Princess of Death wears a Pac-Nor SS Super Match 11-twist, and it's the best shooting 204 I own. You made the right choice, but I'm sure the local rats in your area will certainly NOT approve!

You'll be able to shoot any 32gr bullet made, not to mention no worries with even the 40gr V-Max if you want for the extra BC in the wind or extended ranges. My Sako M75 Varmint will wear one when she wears out her factory barrel too.

SPOD having her way with Skippy and his pals last spring:

Yours truly in the rat patch with SPOD and my crew. That particular day we made hits just shy of 500 yards on the rats. It was almost impossible at that range once the mirage kicked in:

You won't regret your choice with maker or twist, but be sure to post up your results once you get her into the field. Good luck with the project! :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails