What rings do I need?

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
BillingsDave
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmit

What rings do I need?

Post by BillingsDave »

I asked this on the CZ Forum but thought I would try here also.
I have a new CZ 527 Varmit in 204 Ruger on the way. This model does not come with scope rings. I am going to mount a Burris 4.5-14x42 on it. Finding rings to fit a CZ is not the problem, but what height do I need? While the objective glass size is 42mm, the actual outside diameter of the objective is 56mm according to Burris. Do I need high rings, or will medium do it? Thanks
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: What rings do I need?

Post by Rick in Oregon »

First off, welcome to the forum. Lots of like-minded fellows here.

For my 527 American, I did not want to use the CZ rings, that some feel appear to have been made in a cave in Pakistan. Leupold also makes rings for the CZ, but not in the height I wanted for a very low mounting for my Leupold VX2 4-12X 40mm AO scope. I went with James Calhoon's 'Hunker" rings; very well made, and can be found in more height variations than what I was able to find from other mainstream quality makers.

I'd opine that 'medium' rings would work with that scope, as my 527 above is wearing 'low' rings and easily clears my 40mm objective. Good luck with the new rifle, you'll love the caliber once you've spent some time in the field with her. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

BillingsDave
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmit

Re: What rings do I need?

Post by BillingsDave »

Thanks for the information!