What a surprise!

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Hoot
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom rifles of all types

What a surprise!

Post by Hoot »

I joined 204R about a year ago for two reasons. The first was to interact with other users who enjoy the 204R caliber and the second was to learn from those with more knowledge than I had. I think we probably all join for similar reasons. A year later, I'm still learning about this great little cartridge and am enjoying the social interaction and knowledge transfer that takes place in this forum. But here is what I didn't plan on learning; and that is that this forum is packed full of friendly, knowledgeable people who are generous and willing to help. Compared to many forums I am a member of, this prevailing positive attitude at 204R was a positive and welcome surprise. Let me give you an example....

Bill K is a senior member and is very active in contributing to the success of the 204 Ruger forum. I'm sure if you've been here for more than a day or two you've probably run across one of his many posts. What you may not know is how generous this man is with his knowledge and his ability to help. Bill K. helped me with my very first post as "The new guy" and sent me some bullets that I was looking for to perform ladder load tests for my new Dakota predator rifle. He didn't have to do this. He didn't know me and we had never met nor did he have any real motivation to help me. But yet he did anyway!

You may think this is a bit corny and melancholy but I often find myself reading and re-reading Bills posts. Why? Because they are full of good information but mostly because I want to emulate his kindness, his patience and his generosity. He is quick to offer sound advice and guidance to new members based on real experience. He is also willing to give of his own resources to help other members in need. I challenge you to read his posts sometime and you will see that this man truly cares about the members here and is an example for all of us to follow. Simply put, the world needs more Bill K's. Thanks for all you do Bill K.!!!

Shoot Straight,
Hoot
“God created war so that Americans would learn geography.”
― Mark Twain
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: What a surprise!

Post by Bill K »

darn Hoot, thank you, but remember there are others on this site and a few others, that do a lot too help each other and make our sport a very enjoyable hobby and past time, even if it seems like a money pit, at times. :D