Slow Around here

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
K22
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber

Slow Around here

Post by K22 »

First the Covid and now a lower back injury has kept me from getting a 84m action rebarreled with Lilja 11T in 204. This will all go in Kimber Montana stock. I've been wanting to do this for awhile and maybe the time has finally come.
I was able to pick up more 37gr. CRT bullets to load for this one. This rifle will be a pretty dedicated Coyote calling rifle so the 37 CRT bullets, 37gr. Blackhole bullets and Berger 35gr. will be all it will see.
Not sure if we'll just screw the new barrel and call it good or if we'll face the action also.
K22

Re: Slow Around here

Post by K22 »

I must have the wrong room. All the furniture is gone and there's a huge echo. :shock: :D
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

K22, no buddy, you're in the right room alrighty, just been too bleedin' hot here to get out with a rifle. All our local rodents are down for the summer anyway, and even the coyotes are not too active either. I shoot more hair than paper, so my rifles are pretty much sitting in the safe.

Skipper does have the annual 204 shoot going on, so the room's not entirely devoid of furniture. :mrgreen:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

K22

Post by K22 »

Hey Rick,
Thanks for stopping by. LOL
I found some more of the 37gr. CRT 20 cal. bullets which really made me happy.
jpx2rk
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12FV, R783/20P combo

Post by jpx2rk »

I shoot more paper than anything else since pdogs are 1500 miles from me, I want to go but the Covid stuff concerns me. I feel more comfy in known surroundings and territory, so I hope it's all over soon. Or least at a manageable level to where I feel more comfortable with travel. I have been participating in RF matches here at the local level, so that gives me something to do on a regular basis, but it's still hot for an old fart. LOL
Master Piddler ;)
K22

Post by K22 »

Just getting over Covid myself. At 70yrs old I didn't think it was that terrible. Ivermectin a Zpack and I was ready to go. Staying hydrated is very important.
This sciatic nerve in the lower back, now that has been a game changer for me.

I've noticed that many, if not all of the gun/hunting forums have been slow.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

I was tested for COVID yesterday. Hopefully not but you never know without a test, especially now that the Delta variant is on the warpath. No serious symptoms yet, just slight fever, shortness of breath, and cold sweats during the onset. I don't want to miss opening of dove or teal season.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
jpx2rk

Post by jpx2rk »

K22 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:36 am Just getting over Covid myself. At 70yrs old I didn't think it was that terrible. Ivermectin a Zpack and I was ready to go. Staying hydrated is very important.
This sciatic nerve in the lower back, now that has been a game changer for me.

I've noticed that many, if not all of the gun/hunting forums have been slow.
I've got the "physcotic" nerve issue as well, never know when it's going to rear its' ugly head. :eek:
Master Piddler ;)
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Both wifey and I got our shots when they became available, but that sciatic nerve thing is a game-changer for all of us! Yeeooowww! It registers a strong zero on the fun scale. :?

Gettin' old sucks!
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

jpx2rk

Post by jpx2rk »

Gettin' old ain't for wimps. :lol:

We've both had our shots as well, but this new "variant" seems to ignore the vaccine in some people/cases. Wife's nephew got the shots when he could, but got to feeling bad, got tested and was positive, then got the "infusion" treatment. A couple days later, he is alot better, but still feels tired which is a symptom they say. He still works, and meets the general public, so he could have gotten it from various sources.
Master Piddler ;)
K22

Post by K22 »

This Sciatica nerve problem is by far worse than the Covid I had. I've had sciatica nerve issues in the past, but darn, nothing like this.
This needs to go away so I can get back to working and shooting.
jo191145

Post by jo191145 »

Well hello everyone. Long time no see.

K22. That sciatic needs hydration also. I’ve found during the summer months I need water plus about 40 ounces of Gatorade a day. Water by itself just can’t cut it.

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .
K22

Post by K22 »

Thanks jo191145, I'll up my water content along with electrolyte drinks. This thing is killing me.
Tom Kat
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527, Ruger American Predator in Magpul Hunter stock

Post by Tom Kat »

I am waiting for my farm road to dry out so I can go test some 39gr SBK I have loaded up. 25 Gr of Benchmark. we will see....
"The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from old ones."

John Maynard Keynes
K22

Post by K22 »

Tom Kat wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:07 pm I am waiting for my farm road to dry out so I can go test some 39gr SBK I have loaded up. 25 Gr of Benchmark. we will see....
Let us know how they performed.