Bore Scope for a .204 Caliber Barrel

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Stugots
.204 Ruger Guns: Built an AR15 with a 26" White Oak Armory

Bore Scope for a .204 Caliber Barrel

Post by Stugots »

Does anyone know if their is a manufacturer of bore scopes for a .204 caliber barrel?
Yes, I realize speling is a chalunge for sum of us...I am inkluded in that grup, so pleze fourgiv me. Ski-U-Mah!
Tom Kat
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527, Ruger American Predator in Magpul Hunter stock

Re: Bore Scope for a .204 Caliber Barrel

Post by Tom Kat »

I have not seen one. But I bore sight the old fashioned way
"The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from old ones."

John Maynard Keynes
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

I've seen a Teslong borescope advertisement that that says they're supposed to fit .20 caliber & larger. Even comes with a little screen for around $100. I have NOT see it in person nor tried one. But, if it works that would be great for us.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Stugots

Post by Stugots »

skipper wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:31 pm I've seen a Teslong borescope advertisement that that says they're supposed to fit .20 caliber & larger. Even comes with a little screen for around $100. I have NOT see it in person nor tried one. But, if it works that would be great for us.
I read that and ordered one. I does not fit... Buyer Beware!
Yes, I realize speling is a chalunge for sum of us...I am inkluded in that grup, so pleze fourgiv me. Ski-U-Mah!
jpx2rk
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12FV, R783/20P combo

Post by jpx2rk »

Stugots wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:49 pm
skipper wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:31 pm I've seen a Teslong borescope advertisement that that says they're supposed to fit .20 caliber & larger. Even comes with a little screen for around $100. I have NOT see it in person nor tried one. But, if it works that would be great for us.
I read that and ordered one. I does not fit... Buyer Beware!
I have the flexible shaft Teslong scope with the small viewing screen. They offer other models/versions that can be used with a tablet, PC, smart phone, etc. All work well. I used a small laptop but the laptop died, used it with a 8" tablet as well. You will need to download the correct app to get it to work with whatever device you use, it can be a PITA at times going this route. The connection cable on mine went bad, so I ordered one of the units with the small screen, it works fine, the screen is about the size of a late model smart phone. Overall, this is much easier to use, even with the smaller screen. I was able to use my old flexible shaft camera portion that I modded with the new unit as the connections were the same on the old/new cable that plugs into the new small viewing screen and laptop or tablet.

You can modify the removable/adjustable head that holds the viewing mirror with an emory board or small file to reduce the diameter down to fit in a 20 cal bore. Just need to be careful as you can knock the small mirror out of the metal bracket. Use some calipers to keep an eye on how much material you are removing and/or test fit into the bore. Mine will hang up inside the bore at times, but it's usually because I don't have the flexible shaft lined up with the bore.
Master Piddler ;)
Stugots

Post by Stugots »

I tried the Teslong BS in my .204 AR build again and discovered that their was a little to much play where the bore guide mated with the face of the barrel. (I was running into the breach face of the barrel). I stand corrected, the Teslong bore scope will work with a .204 caliber bore as advertised!
stubshaft
.204 Ruger Guns: Encore

Post by stubshaft »

The Teslong flexible borescope works great in mine.