LEUPOLD CHOPPER

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Okay, here it is...sorry for the huge format, but I don't know how to reduce them in size...maybe Glenn will feel pity on all of us and do it for me.

Yours truly sitting on the almost completed Leupold custom BMC Chopper. All that gold is not powder coating as usual, it's ceramic!

Almost finished bike less the seat, which had a little accident in the shop....it's being repaired prior to going to the Big L.

The V-Twin Rev-Tech motor with custom Leupold logos. The air cleaner cover was CNC machined "one-of"

Front wheel, CNC machined from a solid billet of aluminum into a large Leupold logo/reticle. Care to offer a guess of what this one item is worth with the ceramic coating applied?

Anyway, this chopper is now on it's way to Leupold for photo shoots, then it's off to the SHOT Show in Orlando next month, then on to Germany for their EWWA Show over there. Cool stuff to be sure. Again, sorry for the huge size.....help Glenn!
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

Very nice!! 8) Did ya take for a spin??
Maybe we should start a toy thread :wink:
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

Very cool. Did you build it and is that your shop?
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

8) 8) 8)
Last edited by Hawkeye Joe on Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

scootertrash

Post by scootertrash »

Rick,

Absolutely gorgeous brother! I didn't realize Leupold was celebrating 100 years either.

As for a guess on the front wheel, 7K.

Can't wait for the magazines to hit the stands. Thanks for sharing this, especially tonight. We are in the middle of one of the worst blizzards I've seen since moving here.

Mike
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

In regard to the questions on the Leupold chopper:

It was built here in Bend, OR around the corner from our shop by my son and our friends at BMC Choppers; "Big Mike's Choppers", Mike and Greg.

No, I did not take her out for a spin, no one has yet, the motor is unfired, and will remain so until after the SHOT Show.

My son inherited the family penchant for building choppers, I don't do that any more, having turned my attention soley to our BR Pivot Portable Precision Bench Rest and rifle-related venues. I had a small shop years ago in the SF Bay Area bulding drag and show bikes. (Arlen Ness taught me to airbrush and paint) In fact I just scanned a bunch of old slides recently from my days in Viet Nam and the chopper days that really brought back memories, ditto for a bunch of 30+ year old varmint and hunting slides from days gone by, back when there were some really HUGE rock chucks in these parts. Most of the good, nearby chuck habitat now is yuppie condo's.

As we all use scopes, and many of us use Leupold, and the fact that they are celebrating their 100th birthday, I thought you guys would enjoy seeing the Leupold chopper here first.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

goody523

Post by goody523 »

Rick-

Since you hijacked my thread on primer seating tools I think the least you can do is offer to let me be the first guy to ride the bike after the SHOT Show. If I am not incorrect in making the leap that you work for Leupold, another alternative which I think it equitable would be getting me a job at Leupold! I watch the web site all the time, but so far haven't seen the right opening for an engineer who has been doing sales and marketing the last few years and probably couldn't design his way out of a box anymore (but I could sell someone the box). If you have an inside track maybe you see an angle that I haven't noticed for getting my foot in the door! One last alternative would be to sell me your Sako 75 Varmint for $200 (preferrably with a nice VX-III with a vamint reticle and target turrets). I have had my eye on one of those for a long time and I just picked up a brand new Sako 75 Grey Wolf in .25-06 and it needs a stablemate that speaks Finnish in the safe so it doesn't get homesick.

If I get to pick one of the three I'll take the job at Leupold, but either of the other two would be cool as well.

Have a great holiday season - thanks for all your help and advice on this forum.
If I spent as much time trying to manage my investments as I do researching guns and shooting I could retire 15 years earlier...
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Goody: Sorry about the hijacking of the thread, not sure how we got sidetracked, but I've asked the moderator to separate and put the chopper stuff on a separate thread. The only reason it's here at all is that it's Leupold-related.

Not sure if I can grant any of those wishes, but I'd like to! :D Maybe if you hang out at the Luepold booth at the SHOT Show, someone there may feel pity on you and....... As for my Sako M75V....does the term "cold, dead fingers" ring a bell? :lol:

See PM sent also. Have a great holiday!
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Sage Rat

Post by Sage Rat »

Rick,

Holy &*(% my man! That is one awesome scooter! And the one behind it ain't bad either! Wow again! You are one diverse kind of guy with just the right set of obsessions!!!! Now, do you happen to have a jet sled that we could go run the Deschutes? I know a hole where I pulled out a 36.5" steelhead.......

Been off on other pursuits for a while and just dropped in to the site to see this fabulous "branching out" of the 204 page.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Here you go Rick. That is a bad bike right there!! Congrats to all the responsible parties for such an astounding creation. Well Done!!
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Ruger No. 1
.204 Ruger Guns: XR-100 Ruger No. 1 Savage 16

Post by Ruger No. 1 »

Awesome bike! I posted it on another forum, hope you don't mind. :D

http://forums.mathewsinc.com/viewtopic.php?t=49623