Tikka .204s

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Tikka .204s

Post by glenn asher »

Since we're frequented by Aussies, I go over to their boards and nose around a bit, too :P . They just got into country some Tikka .204s in HB trim, which will no doubt be nice rifles, for those who like Tikkas (and there are a LOT of Tikka fans). I make no editorial comment, just thought I'd throw that out there :lol: . SO, if you've been bemoaning the lack of a Tikka in .204, and the modest price, you can be happy, they'll eventually get here. This IS the largest firearms market in the world, after all.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Squatting Wolf
.204 Ruger Guns: '07 Savage 12 LRPV

Post by Squatting Wolf »

I was wondering when Tikka would bring out a .204 over here. I personally haven't had any experience with Tikka but i've read some good things.
It's more important where ya hit 'em, than what ya hit 'em with.
'07 Savage 12 LRPV .204 w/ Leupold VX-II 6-18 LRV reticle
NuMatthu

Post by NuMatthu »

I've only just seen the first of the Tikka .204's land here in OZ. Very surprised that we got a supply of them before you folks in the states. However I never saw a SAKO 75 in .204, and for that matter am yet to see an 85 model varminter at all..
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

NuMatthu: I'll show you a Sako Model 75 Varmint in 204 if you'd like to see one.....

It'll just be a bit hard to touch though..... ;)

If the Tikka's shoot as good as my Sako 204 (and Whistle Pig's too), you are in for a real treat down there.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

trevort
.204 Ruger Guns: stiller predator, lilja no 5 1 in 12

Post by trevort »

Just saw an add for the the Vanguard sub moa in 204. Thats probably real old news to you guys unless the ship from Japan called in here first!
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

If it's not sub MOA, something's wrong. Now if it's sub 1/4 MOA, I'm all ears.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
trevort

Post by trevort »

Come on Skipper, you wont look at a factory 204 ever again!!

How's the new rifle going?
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

I'm loaded and ready for my second date. I plan on taking my time and really wringing her out. Mr. Jacobs is trying to get me interested in shooting at some benchrest competitions. I need to find out what combination of powder, bullet and primer this rifle prefers, first. How are your project rifles going???
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
trevort

Post by trevort »

I picked up the sps which will be the donor action and the rough cut stock during the week. I will deliver them to the gunsmith next week.

After he has bedded the stock he will send it back to me to finish. I am thinking of paying the extra to have the stockmaker finish it properly as it is a lovely figured bit of wood.

My 6/250 hasnt been out since my last post. My wife's brother and family migrated here from Northern Ireland 1/1/07 and we just moved them into their own house today. Its nice to have relatives stay but I am glad to get my house back again! I have not been able to get to the range. I dont know when I will as I am travelling for work next week (the 204 is coming as a farm visit is included) and then I am off to Northern Ireland for 3 weeks for my Dad's 70th.

Hope Mum's got her computer fixed so I can log in and see how you are going!