Hostility towards the 204

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
foxwhistler
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington L.V.S.F

Hostility towards the 204

Post by foxwhistler »

Does anybody else have experiance of people being openly hostile to the 204,or am i being overly sensitive.
The reason i ask is that i was browsing another sight today when someone asked for comments on the 204,and what its uses are.
Well being a helpful sort,i gave them my opinion,which is i think it is a great caliber,and youd have thought id kicked there dogs.A lot of the comments were bordering on abuse.
When i said dont knock things till you try them it seemed to make them even worse.Still it livened up a boring evening.
I only have to be lucky once,
the fox has to be lucky every time!
RacefacE

Post by RacefacE »

i bet they are just upset that the .204 performs better or equal to their favorite .22 caliber. or they are just bad shots.

either way, you and the rest of the members on this board know its a very impressive little round
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

Post this link on their site. Let 'em see what you're talking about.

http://www.rugerhunting.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3499
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

What the heck, it saves more bullets for US! Sometimes talking to non-believers is like trying to talk to a brick, I just shut up and let them hang themselves. Then again, I'm lazy :lol: .......................
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

It's not nearly as bad now as it was 2 years ago. :lol: I thought most of them had given up when they realized they couldn't win. :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
crazy2medic
.204 Ruger Guns: custom .204 left hand bolt.

Post by crazy2medic »

which web site?
Coyote, Cat, Crow, 204 fodder!
Bergcrane2
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington VSSF II

Post by Bergcrane2 »

I get crap from all the 22-250 guys all the time. Whatever.
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

It's pretty easy to be negative when you have 223 and 22-250 rifles, dies, loads, and components. No need to be nasty though.

I had a hard time seeing the need for a 204 two years ago. Then I had a chance to get one on a trade. I figured might as well try it since I owned it, and my life took a turn for the better.

Ignore those who won't consider 204, talk it up to those who will listen and some of them will find the light.

The greatest satisfaction is knowing what we know. After all some people drive green vehicles and Dodge is still selling trucks which proves: there is no accounting for taste.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

The greatest satisfaction is knowing what we know. After all some people drive green vehicles and Dodge is still selling trucks which proves: there is no accounting for taste.

That about sez it all, right there! :D
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
foxwhistler
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington L.V.S.F

Post by foxwhistler »

To be honest i`m not going to say what the forum is,as i cant see any reason to give them any extra publicity.
Lets just say we have a saying over here which is,"YOU CANT EDUCATE PORK,ONLY CURE IT! :!:
I only have to be lucky once,
the fox has to be lucky every time!
majcl5

Post by majcl5 »

I have a .204 and i bought my son a 22-250 to mix it up a little and have regreted it every since. The .204 performs as good as the 22-250 or better. Barrel stays cooler,just as good of splat factor , cheaper to load , longer barrel life, less recoil the list goes on. .204 rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bayou City Boy

Post by Bayou City Boy »

I can't believe we actually had anything to shoot before the 204 Ruger was invented... And then came the 20 Practical - a brand new wildcat that followed in short order... :lol:

-BCB
LeeC

Post by LeeC »

I had a guy on my tail about my new "100-yard" gun. He's a bench rest/1000 yd. type, until I won a 200/300 yd. prone match beating him by one point. About a month later, he showed up at the club with a new LVP with a 36x Weaver. Makes a believer out of 'em.
LowPro
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS - CZ 527 Varmint Kevlar - Remington R-15

Post by LowPro »

glenn asher wrote:What the heck, it saves more bullets for US!

EXACTLY!!! 8)
Bergcrane2
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington VSSF II

Post by Bergcrane2 »

LeeC wrote:I had a guy on my tail about my new "100-yard" gun. He's a bench rest/1000 yd. type, until I won a 200/300 yd. prone match beating him by one point. About a month later, he showed up at the club with a new LVP with a 36x Weaver. Makes a believer out of 'em.
lol! That's great!