Ebay tightens restrictions!

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Vartarg
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 77MkII Target, Remington LVSF

Petition

Post by Vartarg »

I signed the petition, but I expect there are more lefty goobers on ebay than pro-Second Amendment supporters on their user lists....
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Re: Petition

Post by WrzWaldo »

Vartarg wrote:I signed the petition, but I expect there are more lefty goobers on ebay than pro-Second Amendment supporters on their user lists....
I agree, but you can't hit the duck if you don't shoot at it.
.204 Sniper

Post by .204 Sniper »

I just read and signed the Petition...............PERFECT!

I see only one option for Ebay...................if they DO go forward with these restrictions....................taking into account psychotic, violent people cruise thier site.........................they owe it to the American People to close down and go OFFLINE before someone gets a vintage G.I. Joe doll purchased from Ebay stuck in thier eye and dies from it. :violin:
When your attack is going well you are about to be ambushed.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

LowPro, bullet tips are the dangerous part of the bullet! :eek: That's the only thing you have to worry about when a physco is running around with the EVIL gun stuff he MAY have bought on e-bay. :lol: Oh, wait a minute... what should I do with my bullets that are blunt on the end???? :help: I know I'll call e-bay and ask them! :doh: Gary
Bergcrane2
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington VSSF II

Post by Bergcrane2 »

Waldo- You da man! Let me refresh everyones memory!
http://www.petitiononline.com/ebay0001/petition.html

I let the NUGE and Mike Avery know, every one else do your part!
WrzWaldo

Post by WrzWaldo »

Here is an email I sent Matt Halprin (mhalprin@ebay.com)

Matt Halprin wrote: As you may know, eBay does not allow the listing of any items which are regulated by individual states or the federal government; however, there are still a large number of firearm-related parts that are legal and are widely available in retail stores. These items have also historically been allowed on eBay.
Sooooooo Mr Halprin, what about after market car parts that are not 50 state legal? You / ebay seems to have no problem allowing them to be listed and sold. What about radar detectors? I know they are illegal in some states yet they are still listed on ebay. These are just two examples, there are plenty more.

Matt Halprin wrote: After learning that some items purchased on eBay may have been used in the tragedy at Virginia Tech in April 2007, we felt that revisiting our policies was not only necessary, but the right thing to do.
I do not deny that what happened at Virginia Tech was a tragedy but guess what Mr. Halprin, the sicko scumbag that caused it would have done so even if he had not purchased "some items" on ebay! And technically speaking he did not actually purchase any item from ebay. Nope, he purchased his "items" from another individual that used ebay as a communications medium! If I'm wrong please tell me, but I am sure the "items" he purchased were not shipped from an ebay warehouse or an ebay distribution center.

Matt Halprin wrote: This new update continues to encourage safety among our community members and brings our policies in the U.S. and Canada in closer alignment with our existing policies in other markets around the globe.
Please tell us how this update "continues to encourage safety"? I still see a bunch of items listed on ebay that have great potential to be unsafe and would also fall outside of your new safety umbrella!

668 items found in Stun Guns
285 items found in Handcuffs (I especially like item # 170134388079)
52747 items found in Mature Audiences
8501 items found in Archery
45338 items found in Clubs (yep, golf clubs. Club: a heavy stick, usually thicker at one end than at the other, suitable for use as a weapon)

Hey what about this item?

Item number: 160142214666 "FBI USES IT, SO SHOULD YOU! CYBER-SPY!"

About half way down the listing the seller goes out of their way to tell us (in red text on a yellow background)
I WOULD LIKE TO STATE FOR THE RECORD, THIS AUCTION DOES NOT OFFER ACCESS TO ILLEGAL INFORMATION NOR DOES IT SUPPORT OR PERPETUATE ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES. USE OF THIS PROGRAM AND ANY INFORMATION GAINED IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BUYER.
So if someone were to use it for nefarious activities would ebay be inclined to add it to the restricted list?

Hey Mr. Halprin, what I don't see listed are items that have the ability to think or act on their own, unless I missed the hitman / murderer / gangster section.

Kevin Osborne (former ebay user wrzwaldo)
Bergcrane2

Post by Bergcrane2 »

Great one Waldo! Very well assembled!
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Waldo: Excellent response, articulate, well thought out and executed. I only hope you get a response, doubtful as it is, I'd love to see it should it actually occur.

Egay indeed......
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

WrzWaldo

Post by WrzWaldo »

I forgot about this...
Online classifieds and community site Craigslist has picked up a very high-profile investor, eBay, which has taken a 25 percent ownership interest in the smaller firm. Ebay bought out an existing shareholder who had once been a Craigslist employee. Financial terms weren't disclosed.
You can't sell brass or "bullet tips", but you can sure fire solicit a hooker! Good move ebay!
Bergcrane2

Post by Bergcrane2 »

We just need to pick a good site that already exists, and have the whole community stand behind it. FK EGAY!
sniper2o4

Post by sniper2o4 »

I'm #516 on the petition! These new regulations stopped my purchases from Egay.
sniper2o4

Remington model 700 ADL .204 w/ Leupold 2-7x33 Vari-X I

Marlin model 25mn .22 mag w/ 2.5x32 Bushnell sharpshooter
Phasor
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix

Post by Phasor »

I'm number 533...

Phasor
WrzWaldo

Post by WrzWaldo »

Bergcrane2

Post by Bergcrane2 »

WrzWaldo wrote:A work in progress!

http://wrzwaldo.org/ebaypetition/
You da man!
BunGhoLeo

Post by BunGhoLeo »

I also find it odd that barrels would be listed as a barrel is nothing more than a piece of precision pipe when not fitted to an action, and I see plenty of pipe for sale on eBay!
Wonder if they know about that peice of chromoly i bought to make a cannon.