Ebay tightens restrictions!

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Food for thought...

Post by WrzWaldo »

http://thebrowser.blogs.fortune.com/200 ... -campaign/

Yesterday came the news that Mitt Romney had trounced his Republican rivals in the fund raising department, hauling in $20 million in the first quarter. Today came the email from Salesforce.com (CRM) CEO Marc Benioff, a Zen master of public relations: “I am sure you saw on Page 1 of the New York Times…that Romney is using a system called ‘com-MITT,’” he purred. “What you may not know is that salesforce.com, in concert with our customer and Mitt Romney’s national financial co-chairwoman, Meg Whitman of eBay (EBAY), built Com-MITT for the Romney Campaign.”

"mitt romney gun control" is an interesting google search.
Bergcrane2
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington VSSF II

Post by Bergcrane2 »

Vote for Duncan Hunter! He's pro gun!
wog

Post by wog »

Well there gose my ebay account :mad:
WrzWaldo

Re: Ebay tightens restrictions!

Post by WrzWaldo »

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa? ... 6810742647

I wonder...

How many anti-gunners would actually post a "Gun Free Premises" sign.
WrzWaldo

Post by WrzWaldo »

They won't let you buy bullets or brass but you can get this stuff! The more I poke around eBay the more I wish for their demise.

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-LBS-99-7-Pure-Am ... dZViewItem

I really like the disclaimer...
DISCLAIMER: This product is an oxidizer and is considered hazzardous. Proper handling measures must be taken. Keep this product from intense heat and flames. The ebay and the seller of this product are not liable for this product. This will not be sold or shipped if used for anything other than the intended purpose.

:mad:
WrzWaldo

Post by WrzWaldo »

Hot dog!!!

I see eBay has put the "Bullets" and "Brass" categories back!!!

I still won't go back and use that sorry arse site!

Kevin

edit: Gone again... Seems they cannot make up their minds.
WrzWaldo

Post by WrzWaldo »

Hey ya'll let me know if you get tired of reading this stuff...

I just sent Matt Halprin another email.

Attn: Matt Halprin

Hey check this out --> Item # 230162681897

Did they get "it" on eBay?
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Associated Press

PLOVER, Wis. — A couple were thwarted in their effort to leave this small central Wisconsin town when they were arrested for robbing a gas station with a samurai sword.

Renee Ferreri, 22, told police that she and Brian A. Schmid, 24, "were tired of their lives, and they just 'gave up,"' according to a criminal complaint.

The couple needed money to leave town, so they stole a 2000 Mercury Sable on Aug. 8 from the Jeepers Gin Mill and drove to their home to pick up the sword and two stocking caps, police said.

Then Ferreri drove Schmid to a gas station, where a clerk said he threatened her with a "Japanese-style sword" and forced her to give him several hundred dollars from the station's registers.

Police arrested the couple after a Plover officer remembered seeing several samurai swords in their apartment when he responded to a domestic disturbance call in May.

Schmid is being held in the Portage County Jail on $75,000 bond after an initial court appearance this week. Ferreri is being held there on $50,000 bond.
Looks like you got a bunch more banning to do!
BSmith

Post by BSmith »

Here's the bulk of my email to Kneejerk Halprin.

Mr. Halprin,

I find your recent decision to severely limit the sale of “firearms-related” items to be without merit. Last year a plane crash in Kentucky killed 49 people yet you continue to sell aircraft (207 items). Over 900 people died in automobile accidents in Kentucky in 2006. The national total was over 41,000 people killed, yet you continue to sell automobiles, motorcycles, and other motorized vehicles (too many items to accurately count). In 2005, twenty children died as a result of toy-related injuries. Have you stopped selling toys? No, sir, you have not. I simply can not find the rationale behind your decision.

If you check the items that I have purchased via eBay, you will find that of the seventy-six, most are either archery or firearms-related. I’ve enjoyed using eBay to purchase hard-to-find items. It is with some regret that I now have decided to discontinue my use of eBay as an avenue to purchase goods. I will however use the contact information to purchase goods directly from sellers thereby avoiding eBay fees. I hope that you will change your mind about firearm-related items. Until then, I will discontinue using eBay as a purchase medium, instead using my purchase power to support sellers and local businesses.
Fire kills people. We need tougher match control laws!
WrzWaldo

Post by WrzWaldo »

OK gang here is a mission for you!

http://www.shootersproshop.com/noslerfactory2nds.html

Nosler has an eBay store. They are listed as a power seller!

Let them know what you think about about eBay's new policy changes regarding gun parts (especially bullets)!

Here's the link to their eBay store --> http://stores.ebay.com/Nosler-Shooters-Pro-Shop
WrzWaldo

Post by WrzWaldo »

I just got off the phone with Justin over at Nosler. They are shutting down their eBay store, they had it planned since the announcement of the new restrictions. Way to go Nosler! If you are looking for another outlet for the shooters Pro Shop you can find them over at GunBroker.com as NoslerInc.

I have contacted several power sellers at eBay and so far all but one of them are closing up shop with the anti-gunners!