CZ 527 Varmint Scope mounting ?

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
montana hunter
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

CZ 527 Varmint Scope mounting ?

Post by montana hunter »

I recently bought this rifle and plan to mount a VXII-3 x 9 Leupold scope on it. I have some Warne rings ordered. Both the medium and high. Just wondering if any one here has the Varmint model with warne rings and or this scope or similiar?? I am hoping I have no problems with this. Later I would like to mount a 3.5 x 10 VXIII and don't want to buy more rings. Glad to be here on the forums and hope to share and learn here. :D Thx MH
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Re: CZ 527 Varmint Scope mounting ?

Post by glenn asher »

You won't have any trouble with the VXII at all, it should go easily with the medium rings. Depending on which VXIII you get (40 or 50mm) you might have to go with the higher rings. Normally, the problem is with the bolt handle hitting the ocular lens, but Leupold's oculars are trim and compact, so it's likely not a problem at all. The scopes with bulky ocular lens' are the problematic ones. Welcome to the 204um!
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
montana hunter

Post by montana hunter »

Thanks Glen! :) MH
bk63044

Post by bk63044 »

I am using medium rings with a 42mm objective on a CZ varmint kevlar. Any bigger and I would need high rings.
skunkriver

Post by skunkriver »

I have 2 CZ 527 Varmints, both have the BSA Platinum Target Scope 8-32 x 44. The rings that I use are Warne #2B1M (1" tube high matte finish) and Burris #420140 (medium short action 1"). I have plenty of clearance for the bolt operation and also can use Butler Creek scope covers. I would be surprised if you can't use the medium Warne rings. JMHO
Make good decisions!!!
montana hunter

Post by montana hunter »

Thanks alot guys- I should have my scope mounted and get some range time in by next week. :) MH
montana hunter

Post by montana hunter »

Well got the scope mounted and ended up with the high rings that Warne makes. This will also allow me to get the larger scope mounted later if I choose. It is a nice match I think. I hope to post a few pictures later this week. Thanks for everyones help! :D MH