bore guide for cz?

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
montana hunter
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

bore guide for cz?

Post by montana hunter »

I recently bought a CZ 527 varmint in 204-I need a new bore guide as the one I have been using with my 17 Rem (Stoney Point) does not fit the action of the cz. Any help to put me in the right direction would be appreciated. :D
I got some loads ready and the scope mounted just about to clean the barrel and I see I overlooked something :wall:
Thanks in advance for suggestions- MH
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Re: bore guide for cz?

Post by Captqc »

Try Sinclair International at 1-800-717-8211 or
http://www.sinclairintl.com
Gary
montana hunter

Post by montana hunter »

Thanks Gary-
I appreciate your help-I will give them a call in the morning. I thought I had everything I needed but never considered a new bore guide. It looks like they are aware the cz might need special collar etc. I measured the bolt diameter and its .585- Greg
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

Mike Lucas makes an excellent bore guide. His number is (803) 356-0282. His guides have an insert that fits the diameter of your rod and O rings to seal off the rod and chamber. Cleaning solvents only go down the tube and the rod is supported better. You will need to give him the diameter of your cleaning rod.

Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
montana hunter

Post by montana hunter »

Thanks Skipper-
The Lucas looks like a real nice one. I went ahead this morning and bought one from Sinclair Intl., I ended up with the delrin model specific to the 527 action. I have never used this style before but the tech on the phone said that was all he used and it was very good? I may have to pick up one of these Lucas guides if I don't agree with the tech. I feel like this guy- :wall: , since range time now pushed out till probably next week! Thanks again :D -Greg
WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

montana hunter, Don't worry. If you don't like it Sinclair will most likley give you your money back. I have to agree with Skipper. The Lucas guides are just a better guide. I have both. Sinclair just stays in the closet.
nofun1
.204 Ruger Guns: costomized Remington 700

Post by nofun1 »

James Calhoon makes a customized Dewey guide thats very nice and a perfect fit for the CZ 527. Its what I use and I am totally happy.