Savage mdl 12lrpv

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
cementbaloo

Savage mdl 12lrpv

Post by cementbaloo »

Howdy folks.
Any of you shooters know or heard much about the Savage 12LRPV in 204?
Thanks
CB
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Re: Savage mdl 12lrpv

Post by Hotshot »

You must be kidding us. If you read through these posts there are thousands written by Savage users and at least a couple hundred by LRPV shooters.

Are you having trouble with one? Thinking about buying one? Have a specific question about loading , shooting, or hunting with one? Somebody on this forum will help you-just ask.
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

I will NEVER part with my LRPV in 204. It's the most accurate rifle in my safe out to 300 yards. Some have not been so lucky . So read away and you'll get a good heads up on the flaws :!: .I've purchased 5 new Savage rifles in the past year and a half, And all of them impressed me with their accuracy out of the box!! All of them still remain 100% factory except for a little floating issue on my .223 with a Boyd's stock. I had to grind about .025 of wood to float the safety tang.
Last edited by Hawkeye Joe on Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

KVW
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12LRPV & 12FVS

Post by KVW »

I own one and let me tell ya, It's the most accurate out of the box gun I own. My other guns I have to work on the stocks a little but this one I haven't touched. Don't know if they all come that way but mine did. Don't be afraid to purchase one.
Savage 12LRPV W/Sightron 36x scope
Savage 12FV W/Weaver T-36 scope

glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

I have several friends with LRPVs, and all but David :? is extremely happy with them and the way they shoot ( I gotta kinda excuse David, he can't help it :mrgreen:) I've only got to shoot one, a .223, but it was pretty nice. I know one guy who liked the LRPV so much, he sold an XR-100 Remington and bought a second one(both .204s). His buddy then went and bought one in .223. They kinda catch you off guard, after shooting them you wonder why ALL rifles aren't RBLP, at least for rat rifles. If I had some spare coin, I'd have one, or two, or............
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
cementbaloo

Post by cementbaloo »

Thank you, Thank you.
I did do a search, but apparently my wording was wrong because I only got two hits. Re-searched and got a lot of info. Your three posts were exactly what I was looking for. I ordered one for my brother this afternoon. Should be in Monday.
As always if it is a question about a 204 this is my stop, because if you guys haven't seen it, shot it ,or heard of it, it probably isn't out there.
Thanks again
CB
glenn asher

Post by glenn asher »

We, all of us, are here to help each other out. This place seems to thrive on that attitude, and it's a joy to "moderate", since I don't have to do anything at all :mrgreen: This is ONE FINE BUNCH OF FOLKS HERE, and I'm proud they let me hang around! I wish everyplace I visit on the web was this friendly and helpful. I've been lucky enough to meet a few of the posters here, and to a man, they are stand-up folks that I'd be proud to associate with, anywhere, any time. Even the aforementioned David :lol: :lol: :lol:
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Hey CB!! How ya doing?? Stop by a little more often if you can!! :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
BunGhoLeo

Post by BunGhoLeo »

I seem to have gotton a lemon LRPV, no one else has complained one bit. But FYI, i had to remove 1/2" of stock so the barrel would be free floated, and after 190 rounds it's still laying copper perty badly in the bore; rifling looks rough. The fireing pin hole also seems to be sloppier then a two bit whore's ...

I plan on calling savage, so we'll see how that goes.

It shoots ok though, 3/4" to 1/2" groups with factory ammo, but considering, i think it should do better.

Maybe Glen needs to get out of the house and get his finger on it. No more excuses! Lets go shooting!
cementbaloo

Post by cementbaloo »

BGL,
Sorry to read about your less than great experience with the Savage. I have been fortunate when it come to buying rifles,(only have 4 "shooters", so hardly pushing the odds). Each one shoots better than most of the reviews,experiences that others have had with them. Hopefully my luck will hold up when its for someone else.
CB
KVW
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12LRPV & 12FVS

Post by KVW »

Hey bungholeo,
My 204 in lrpv shoots great but a buddy of mine bought one in 223 and can't seem to get it to shoot that great. He sent it to a gunsmith and it had a tight spot in the barrel. It was about 2" from the muzzle so he had it cut back and now it shoots fine. I asked him why he didn't send it back but he didn't want to mess with it and just got it fixed. You could actually feel the tight spot when you run a patch down it. I thought he was crazy until I felt it for myself. I guess every now and then you can get a bad gun but you don't here it that much from Savage.
Savage 12LRPV W/Sightron 36x scope
Savage 12FV W/Weaver T-36 scope

glenn asher

Post by glenn asher »

David, check your PMs (BunGHoLeo).
RacefacE

Post by RacefacE »

i just came across this on savageshooters.com. seems like an awesome performer. the particular post caught my attention. 700 yards, .75 MOA, cant complain for the tiny little round.

http://savageshooters.baker-media.com/S ... 095.0.html

" I went out last night and shot out to 700 yards with 32gr v-max and 35gr bergers and was very pleased. We (me and the gun) held our groups to less than 3/4 MOA all the way out but there was very little wind. You guys have talked me into trying the 39gr blitzking again."