remington 700 204?

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
murderforbreakfast
.204 Ruger Guns: none

remington 700 204?

Post by murderforbreakfast »

I am new to the forum but I have a tad bit of info on what the 204 is capable of. I want to make sure that I get a variety of opinions. This stock looks alot like a mcmillan stock but not quite in my opinion. What all would I have to do to turn a rem700 action into a .204? Barrel? Action? What else? And where can I find this stock, or someone who makes custom stocks like this. I love the tactical feel, and it's simplicity without making you feel like rambo.

Vartarg
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 77MkII Target, Remington LVSF

Re: remington 700 204?

Post by Vartarg »

Welcome to the forum and the world of the .204. Could you help us out by telling us a little about the rifle/scope/stock in the photo? Thanks, George
PEACE-Through Superior Firepower
murderforbreakfast

it's a pic someone posted in here. I am now aware by looking closer I do believe it to be a mcmillan stock. the a1-3. I just need some info on where to get high quality barrels for the m700 action and whatever else needs to be done to accomplish a 204 job.
204Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77II Ultralight

Post by 204Shooter »

"Critter" originally posted the photograph and I think it is his gun. You might want to send him a PM to get more information about the specific gun.
Marriage is the only sport where the trapped animal has to buy the license! ... Just kiddin honey! :hail:
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

If you are starting with a 700, it will have to be in one of the smaller cartridges, like .17 Remington, .222, .223, etc. so the bolt face is the correct size. Otherwise, all that is needed to "make" it a .204 is a proper barrel. Lilja, PacNor, Douglas, Shilen, and Lothar Walther have all been mentioned here and have great reputations. I'd probably end my search for a good barrel with one of those (no particular order, all are good makers). The stock in critter's pic is a McMillan, but there are other good makers as well, it's pretty easy to google up a list of good stockmakers, either synthetic or wood.

Welcome to the forum, don't be shy about asking if you need help. This is a helpful bunch!
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
murderforbreakfast

He posted a message regarding my last post on what he used for his rifle. thank you guys!