Long range .204

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
22 Mag

Long range .204

Post by 22 Mag »

It is Long range for the 204 anyway.

My Brother and I invited our oldest Daughters to come with us for their first P-dog shoot. We had them shoot only the .204 Ruger's, we each have placed a 204 barrel on our Savage M110 FP's. The Burris Balistic-Mildot scopes helped greatly for the Ladies. By the end of the second day if the first shot was off the mark the follow-up would almost always be on target.
They went from novice shooters to doping the wind and guessing the yardage very quickly. By the end of the trip they had shot many Dogs from 50 to past 400 yards and the longest one was shot at 515 yards with a 39gr sierra B-king. Complete pass through but not much of an exit hole, about the size of a DIME, the Dog just fell over and did not move. Center chest and out the mid back.

I use H4895 for my loads and my Brother uses Win 748.

A good time was had by all this last weekend.

22 Mag
"Happiness is not having everything you want, but wanting everything you have"
Lee C.

Re: Long range .204

Post by Lee C. »

Welcome to the forum 22 Mag, It sounded like you all had a good timeout there. It's good to here you could get your daughters out to shoot with you. It's always quallty time when you can do some thing with your kids at some thing you like to do. Good for you,
Melvin Eades
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 VLP, CZ 527 American, CZ 527 Varmint

Re: Long range .204

Post by Melvin Eades »

I'm not surprised at your daughters picking up on the shooting. Our NWTF chapter sponsors a two day Wing Shooting Clinic and one of those days is for ladies. We have ladies that have never shot a gun before and by the end of the day most of them are shooting doubles. We have certified instructors by the DNR and they do a great job working with them.

Tell your daughters "Good Shooting" and keep it up.

P.S. Where are the pictures?
Enjoy it while you have it, because things will change.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.