Tell us about yourself...

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Hi Hoyt-- Good Luck on your decision. We're waiting to see which 204 you end up with. :wink: :lol: And Welcome.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

Hello All

I am 51 years old and work for the local power company. I lived on my 45' sailboat for 10 years and picked up the nickname. I recently remarried and gained 3 kids on top of the 3 I already had.

I got interested in the 204 because of the velocity, trajectory, wind resistance and low recoil I have read so much about on the internet. I am trying to teach my son to shoot and wanted something that I could shoot for an extended time at the range. I normally shoot magnum calibers exclusively, but my son can shoot his 22 for hours while I usually start flinching after 10 rounds or so. I learned to shoot in the Marines and love to hunt. My passion though is tight groups and my first outing with the Rem XR-100 proved to me that this cartridge has potential for extreme accuracy. I'm already thinking about modifications and looking over your reloading forum. I went to the store on the way home this evening to check for dies. No dies and no bullets! I guess I'll have to get them off the net. I look forward to any and all accuracy improving tips you can give me. I guess I have a little benchrest shooter in me.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
NRAdad

Introduction

Post by NRAdad »

Please allow me to introduce myself to my fellow shooters. I chose the name NRAdad because that is what I am. I am a firearms instructor for the NRA, a range safety officer, and a Washington State Hunter Ed instructor. I am an armed security guard and most of my own personal training is with handguns. Recently I purchased a spanking brand new NEF varmint special in .204 Ruger. As I am waiting for the 6-24 scope I have not yet taken it to the range. I will update as soon as I get to the range. :P
Ruger No. 1
.204 Ruger Guns: XR-100 Ruger No. 1 Savage 16

Post by Ruger No. 1 »

Hey everybody,

I started hunting coyotes about a year ago. last weekend i called in my first dog, but i was not able to shoot it :cry: but my dad smacked him with his .223.

I currently shoot a ruger no.1 stainless, and love it hope to get out soon and up the count to 2 dogs
Glen

Post by Glen »

NRAdad & Ruger#1-- Welcome to the 204 Forums. Hope you enjoy it & look forward to your input.

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
DocB

Post by DocB »

Just found this site from a fellow member of another board. I have not taken the time to read this thread completely, but I will surely enjoy the forum. I have a Savage 12vb awaiting the sale of my Tikka 338. I have already started the reloading process in anticipation. I am really looking forward to the reloading board! Thanks for the site. Ryan
Glen

Post by Glen »

Good to have you aboard Ryan!!

Is there a doctor in the house?? :wink:

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
twobaths

Newcomer

Post by twobaths »

Hi Folks!!

My name if Fred Bath & I am 68 years young! Born in Franklin, NJ & gradulated high school there. Enlisted in USAF 15 days after graduation. Served 20 tears & retired. During the 20, I got to stay in Australia for 2 years. I bought my 1st .22 rifle on my 8th birthday. I bought a .204 Ruger Target rifel when I moved from Florida to Texas. Haven't had a chance to use it in the field. Shoots good on paper. I am just now investigating predator calling. Have hunted all my life (60 years). Had both knees replced & back operated on. Couple more operations & I'll be bionic. Live near Magnolia, TX

Twobaths
Hutch45

Post by Hutch45 »

Since I've been posting for awhile, I guess it's past time to introduce myself.

I grew up around firearms from the time I was able to walk. Hunted small game and such from about age 9-10. Went big game hunting near the Smokies at age 14. Have acquired several rifles, shotguns, and pistols and have remained an active hunter/shooter with both rifles and pistols during the time I was in the US. Having spent about half of my adult life outside of the US, there have been good years and lean with regards to hunting and shooting. I reloaded for about 8-10 years at one point and still have everything except a press. May get into it again.....

I am a retired AF and Airline Pilot, currently sometimes engaged in the computer related industry. I try to avoid that as much as possible to catch up on my hunting and shooting which I thoroughly enjoy.

I bought a Savage 204 for coyotes and crows both of which are plentiful around my property. I'm fortunate to be able to shoot just outside my back door and can hunt all of the property adjacent to mine, as well.

I enjoy the Forum and it is a pleasure to read and occasionally correspond with nice folks of similar interests.

Good Hunting, Good Shooting! :D :D :D :D :D
exguide67
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage model 10 .204 ruger

Post by exguide67 »

Hi I am Jeff from Oregon and I live to hunt and fish with my kids I am 38 and a pain in my wifes butt, I am disabled I lost most the 80%strenght in my left arm and shoulder due to a timber fallin accident in 97 and now I have all the time in the world to hunt and fish with my 3 kids.

I bought a savage 204 and I love it but really haven't shoot it much because the weather is holding me at bay, I had a .17 and where I live the wind blows and it wasn't a good choose for me but now I have the 204 and I like what I see.

Well hope to get some good ideas from everyone

Thanks for lettin me join

Jeff
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

Welcome all! We have a lot of fun here, and pass around some pretty fair information from time to time. We have all the published data in the tabs up top, and maybe some more in the reloading sections, if what you see there isn't helpful enough. If you have questions, feel free to ask, we'll help if we can, or give you some great sounding BS if we can't! This is a pretty good crowd, there's a lot of knowledge here, and people are willing to share. Again, welcome and join in anytime.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
LRJ35A

204 Nuts

Post by LRJ35A »

End
Last edited by LRJ35A on Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glen

Post by Glen »

It's good to have you onboard LRJ!! I think you'll like your 204's. If not I'll give you $150 for all of them. Just so you can get back to that HMR quicker. :wink: :lol: Set some eggs up at 100yds & smack em with those little 17gr V-Max. :wink: I'm working on a target to shoot paintballs off of at the range. :lol:

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
Skypilotbc

Post by Skypilotbc »

LRJ35A, Welcome!! :D Good to have you on board. My mother was the first nurse at the Lear Jet Plant in Wichita, KS (early 60's) and got to fly with Bill Lear a few times. No doubt you will be in love with the .204's as soon as you blow a hole in something with them :lol: Great accuracy and trajectory like a laser-beam. The HMR is super- 8) 2
Did you enjoy yesterdays weather? Where in central MO are you? Sedalia caught a bunch of the worst of it. Most of the day here was spent under severe t-storm/tornado warnings.
Jump in here when ya blast something with the Cooper--Some of us LUV pics.
Bob
Always lookin' for something to blow a hole in!
Statistics, in the main, are used by rascals to impress fools.
Bob
VHA# 64366
LRJ35A

SkyPilotBC

Post by LRJ35A »

Edited
Last edited by LRJ35A on Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.