Tell us about yourself...

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Aquazone
.204 Ruger Guns: Tikka t3x lite in .204

Re: Tell us about yourself...

Post by Aquazone »

Greetings from Victoria, Australia...
I started hunting and fishing when I was 12 back in the UK...I loved trout and course fishing. Spending many hours along Rivers, streams and reservoirs...I even tied my own flies!!
Ferrets, ferreting and net making kept me busy through winter months
I got my first Jack Russel when I was 16...Also my first shotgun...a single barrel .410 hammer gun. I progressed onto 12g S/S and O/U guns...I enjoyed chasing foxes, rabbits, hares, ducks, pheasants and wood pigeon...I got pretty good at the clay targets too!!
I moved to Australia 23yrs ago and picked up my first rifle...An old Stirling .22mag...The centrefires quickly followed...I mainly persue pest animals here...Rabbits foxes and ferel cats.
I started with spotlights and torches...moving to IR and finally onto all thermal. I mainly prefer to hunt on foot and in the dark, I enjoy the challenge...I'm 60 next Feb and still have all the passion.of that 16 year ols from all those years ago!!
I'm known on a few of the hunting pages as...
Walker, Thermal Ranger!!...
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

Aquazone - Welcome to the 204 Forum. You'll find a bunch of like minded brethren here. We strongly believe in pictures to support your posts. Please, refer to the "how to post pics" thread and join in on the fun. Happy posting.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Aquazone: Welcome to the site, as Skipper mentioned a good number of members enjoy it and you will fit right into it also. And we do like photos and stories of hunts and views of the areas you do live, hunt and enjoy your ventures in also. Bill K :) Just a example to stir your interest in some of our areas.
coyote with CZ.jpg
coyote with CZ.jpg (7.93 KiB) Viewed 231233 times
Aquazone

Post by Aquazone »

Thank you Bill,
I'm certainly looking forward to contributing to the group mate...Stories, questions and photo's!!
Aquazone

Post by Aquazone »

Thanks Skipper!!
skipper

Post by skipper »

It used to be a common practice for the new members to introduce themselves right here on this thread. If you wouldn't mind taking a few minutes to tell us a little about yourself, that would be greatly appreciated by all. Let us meet & greet you and do our best to make you feel welcome.

:wave:
MTPaul
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Montana Varminter

Post by MTPaul »

Howdy fellow members!

As a recent convert from "lurker" to newbie member, this will be my second posting and I thought I'd take a little time to introduce myself. Rather than get too long winded and bore you all with a riveting dissertation of who I am and how I came to be interested in the 204R forum, let me exercise brevity instead of boredom.

Septuagenarian (aka 72 years old). Happily Married 45 yrs. - same woman! Grandparent 11 times. Farm raised in OR - we farmed and ranched in the Willamette Valley and Eastern OR. Honorably discharged US Navy Viet Nam era veteran. Worked for 36 years in various agriculture fields prior to retiring in 2015. Now living the good life in SW Montana. Hobbies/pursuits; hunting, fly-fishing, camping, hiking, not necessarily in that order.

Own several pistols, rifles (large and small caliber) and shotguns. I particularly enjoy shooting long distance at targets that range from flat paper to small furry creatures, many of which who often perform dazzling aerial acrobatics when impacted by fast moving projectiles.

I'm looking forward to tapping into the wealth of collective wisdom I've happened sense into while perusing the various 205R forum pages.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Very good. With that back ground and all you will fit right into this site and the members very well. And we look forward to photos of your hunts and kills, we really enjoy the acrobatic one's. :D
skipper

Post by skipper »

Welcome aboard MTPaul. Like the others have said, we love photos and look forward to what you have to share with us. The small caliber wisdom abounds here.
Bixahsheesah
.204 Ruger Guns: None

Post by Bixahsheesah »

Greetings fellow members,
I'm originally from Pa, but live in the mountains of western Virginia since 2006. I have been shooting and reloading for 40+ years, and used to do a lot of groundhog hunting in Pa. The coyotes have made serious inroads on groundhogs in Va, so I have not hunted them here. We went out to South
Dakota several years ago on a prairie dog hunt, and it was a LOT of fun!
I do not yet own a 204 but am gathering the components for a build. I have a Sako 85xs action and stock, and am currently searching for a barrel. I'm really looking forward to trying it out, and think it should be a premier prairie dog round.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Welcome to the fold. Will be looking forward to seeing photos of your build, hunts and views of the areas. We love photos. :D
skipper

Post by skipper »

Bixahsheesah wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:31 am Greetings fellow members,

I do not yet own a 204 but am gathering the components for a build. I have a Sako 85xs action and stock, and am currently searching for a barrel.
I have it under good competent authority that the lilja barrel in the Swap Meet forum is still available. You should contact him, K22, by Private Message (PM) if interested.
Bixahsheesah

Post by Bixahsheesah »

Thank you sir!
MTPaul
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Montana Varminter

Post by MTPaul »

Welcome to the group! You'll find a wealth of knowledge here and speaking from personal experience, you only need to ask, and you'll no doubt find answers to most if not all your build questions. As was mentioned, pictures are always welcome!
Bixahsheesah

Post by Bixahsheesah »

Thanks for the warm welcome! I will post some pictures of the project.