Tell us about yourself...

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Good Luck skb. Its good to hear you like your Savage Ifishsum. Most people do.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Glen

Post by Glen »

Welcome to the board shooter22. Those are some nice rifles you got there. How they shoot for you. Jump in when you want. We can all learn something here. :D

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
wyo

Post by wyo »

Hello, my name is Roger and I live in northern Wyoming, prairie dog and coyote country U.S.A.. Been married to my beautiful little brunette for almost 25 years. Have a 18 year old son and a 20 year old daughter. My growing up was on a Missouri farm and have worked ranches, oilfield and at the moment am a wood mechanic. Wish I could make a living cowboying or as a ranchhand again. Hard to do. I wanted a .204 Ruger bad for several months so did a web search and found this forum. I'm glad I did [lots of good information]. I recently purchased a CZ 527 walnut stocked varmint model and it's a shootin machine on dogs and great for a walking varminter. I intend to reload and am sure this forum will be a lot of to me help in that area. Youv'e got a great forum :)
Skypilotbc

Post by Skypilotbc »

Welcome Roger :D Glad to have ya. I will be in the Devils Tower area May 31-Jun 2 with a group from another board--blowin' the snot out of PD's :lol: Good choice in calibers and rifles--my .204 is a Savage and my CZ is a .17 Rem--like 'em both.
Bob
Always lookin' for something to blow a hole in!
Statistics, in the main, are used by rascals to impress fools.
Bob
VHA# 64366
Glen

Post by Glen »

Roger-- Glad to have you here. Looking forward to your thoughts & experiences. Could you tell me more about your CZ? Thats the next one for me. The Varmint model. What for glass & what are you using for rings & bases? I like the feel of that rifle. Just not ready to buy it yet.

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
204Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77II Ultralight

Post by 204Shooter »

Welcome wyo. I grew up in the kitty-corner side of the state. I visited devils tower when I was younger and remember seeing tons of prairie dogs. Sounds like they are still there so you need to work a little harder! :D
Marriage is the only sport where the trapped animal has to buy the license! ... Just kiddin honey! :hail:
wyo

Post by wyo »

Thanks for the welcome, Bob and Glen. I really like the CZ 527 [machining, metal finish, trigger and the mauser action, etc.] and although I haven't shot it off a bench rest yet to really see how it might shoot with various loads, the rifle shot sub MOA groups over the hood of my pickup off sandbags when I sighted it in. The bore must be real smooth because it didn't take alot of scrubbing to clean out the copper. I didn't spend alot on optics, just mounted an inexpensive Simmons 6.5-20x44 mil-dot and have been using it. So far I'm pleased with it. I plan to develop loads for either hornady's .32 gr. or Sierra's .32 gr. and then a load for either hornady's 40 gr. or Sierra's 39 gr.. :)
wyo

Post by wyo »

Yea, 204shooter, the country around Sheridan Wyo is "lousy" with'em. I mostly shoot on public land and of course spring is the best time to thin the "inexperienced" dogs so I'll be doing my part to save the grass.

Post by Guest »

Good to see someone with a posting name like yours. I grew up in NE Wyoming and lived there through college at UW - quite a few years ago.

I considered the PD trip that Sky... mentioned earlier, but will be in the area in late June and early July and have plans to do some shooting there and in SD also. Already have a PD shooting trip to north Texas planned in late May/early June with my two sons, so passed on the Saubier trip.

Part of my yearly visit up there (my wife still has family in Wyo.) is a visit to the gun shop in Roset, Wyo. He generally has a few interesting things on the shelf to LOOK AT ONLY - per the wife. :) Two trips in a row several years ago cost her a couple of Cooper MV's from FS Guns in Rapid City, so I try to only lurk now while I'm visiting the area. :D

Welcome to the 20 caliber world. Its good to see the 20 caliber no longer just an extra bore diameter that few knew about. I just wish Ruger and Hornady would have made the Tac 20 a legitimate cartridge as its much more efficient than the 204 Ruger case. I doubt Dakota Arms will do much to improve the position of the Tac 20 as a legitimate cartridge since buying the rights to it from Todd Kindler. But, on the other hand, the 204 Ruger gives us one more 20 caliber option - and they're all good. - BCB :)
Glen

Post by Glen »

Thanks Wyo. The fit & finish was good on the one I held. If I'm not mistaken CZ handlaps their barrels. And my Remingtom likes the 39gr BK's. 28grs of H4895. It's over the book but only shows cratered primers.

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
skb2706

Post by skb2706 »

Welcome Wyo....my neighbor to the north. We get a few of your "grasseaters" down this way but not in the volume you all have up there. Don't forget to share the wealth.
Gmoney
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Predator Hunter .204 topped with a Leupy 4-12

Post by Gmoney »

Howdy everyone.....been a reader for a while and have enjoyed my visits here so I figured it was about time to get my act together and start chipping in......my name is Greg and I am starting grad school at Texas A&M next fall.....I live for hunting and fishing......I love chasing deer and calling for varmints but love it all.....For graduation last year I picked up a Savage model 110 in .204....this was before everyone and their dog had one....I love it....being in school and working has not let me use it as much as I would have liked....however I do have some firsthand knowledge and field experience about how the .204 treats hides which is typically a hot topic.....

Look forward to contributing to some discussions......
Glen

Post by Glen »

Welcome Gmoney. Glad to hear you enjoyed your visits enough to sign up. We're trying. Looking forward to your input & stories.

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
Blueridge

Post by Blueridge »

Howdy
Just got a 204 in rem vls , great site you got here lots of info and loads .
maybe I will stop lurking and post more .
Im a 39 yr old machinist up in calgary alberta .
Love to hunt and shoot ,realy like coyote hunting
Blueridge
Glen

Post by Glen »

Welcome to the mix Blueridge. Glad you like the site & hope to hear from you more often.

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen